Best gig or Concert

I can't really remember that much about it now....
Was only a small venue they played so might have been the acoustics that made a difference...
Really wish i could remember who the band was who were the support act... will see if i wrote it in my online diary at the time....

Did i put Paul McCartney in my list... was thinking last night him & David Bowie are my faves.... Bowie was at Move @ Old Trafford Cricket ground and mum and i got right to the front, was amazing.
Paul McCartney was amazing... we were on row 8... and mum got to the front and handed Macca a rose ~ he wanted her to throw it, she wouldn't, he had to reach and take it off her!! And i cried when he sang "she's leaving home" the lyrics just mean so so much!!!

xox

Did lots of jumping at U2. In fact, is that the definition of a good gig? Lots of jumping?

Had a bit of a sniffle at "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" and REM "Everybody hurts". Frankly I'm a big cry-baby and can cry at the drop of a hat!

Does anyone remember the Wedding Present? Went through a weird Goth phase when I was 17 and went to go see them. It was quite good, I think or maybe I was just trying to impress the boy I was with.

Worst live act then? For me it's a toss up between Usher and Destiny's Child. Usher for being so utterly smug and in love with himself and Destiny's Child for not actually singing live half the time and not actually having a band, just a backing track. Terrible. :roll:

H

xx

I bawled my eyes out at everybody hurts at REM when they did the Move concert the year after Bowie....

Am such a softarse!!

xox

Darren Hayes - twice (both times at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall), once in November 2004 on the Dark/Light tour and again in April 2006 on the Big Night In tour

REM - twice (once at their secret intimate invited guests only show at Shepherd's Bush, London in October 2003 and again at Nottingham's Forest Football Ground in July 2005)

ive only ever been to once gig and it was liberty x(shamefull i know!!!) but on the plus side...

i won tickets 4 it, it was a secret location gig(was in edinburgh liquid rooms) wa sonly like 40 people there so we all got 2 meet them and the best bit....

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drunk:

Free Booze always a bonus!!
I saw Liberty X at an outdoor concert in Adelaide in 2002....
They were announced as "the winners of the UK's PopStars"
I was like... they were the losers! duh!! lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->