Best quick drying reuseable

MrsD

Reaction score
Morning ladies!

I'm currently using Little Lamb bamboo nappies which I love but in these last few days of miserable weather they've been a nightmare to dry (no tumble dryer) They are taking a good 3 days to dry out so I was thinking of getting some microfibre ones to tide me over whilst my bamboos are drying.

Are the Littlelamb ones OK? Any other suggestions? Will I be shocked with the difference in the absorbancy?

Thanks!

If i were you i'd get some BGv3/v4's.

They dry really quick and they last a while. where I found the microfibre LL's were absolutle soaked after an hour or so x

I wasn't a fan of the microfibre LLs, they leaked on me a lot; however I was using the LL wraps with them and they leaked sometimes with other nappies, and since I've switched to Motherease Airflow - no leaks. So I don't know if the microfibre LLs would have held up better in the Airflow...

I always boosted with bamboo but even so, they only last an hour, maybe two. And I was used to the bamboo LLs lasting 3-4 hours, so it's quite a difference.

They are very quick to dry, though.

Of the nappies I use regularly now, I'd say my BG v3s are quickest to dry, the outers take only a few hours, and the inserts will be dry overnight. :) Also the stay-dry Flip inserts.

Hi,
I live in a stone built old house, so very damp, and we have drying issues when it rains. For this reason I bought flips with stay dry insert, and I find thatafter a good spin they dry in 24 hrs. I also read on here about using tesco value microfibre cloths as a booster, and this works really well! I fold them in 3, and they're nearly dry when they come out of the washer. Bargain at 91p for 3!! They needed a few washes first tho!
We also have a de humidifier on our upstairs landing which helps when drying
on a wet day, and stops the windows and Walls running with condensation.
X

Yup the Bumgenius pocket or the Flip stay dry do dry really quickly, and both are very absorbent too.
If you are concerned about losing out on the absorbency of bamboo though, you could maybe try the new Tots Bots Easyfits, which use both bamboo and microfiber and I was actually really suprised at how quickly those dry

The best fitting, most absorbent, softest and quickest drying MF nappies my team has found are P'tits Technics. They are 2 parters, and come out of the machine almost dry, so although they are quite expensive, you don't need many of them at all, as you can turn them around so quickly.

They adjust in rise as well as waist and leg - a similar fastening system to the MEOS, although these are multisized, rather than onesize - the size 1 is neater on a newborn than a MEOS, and the size 2 fits for longer than an MEOS at the bigger end. Thus to go from nirth to potty you would need 2 sizes, rather tha one size. (Mind you we've always found that most onesize nappies don't actually fit at the largest size anyway!)

My team didn't like the LL's as the velcro snags up in the washing, and is such a wide band, and tends to restrict movement. :nope:

I'd second the suggestion for Flips. BGV3/V4s are good too, but you can't reuse the outer bit after it's been worn once, whereas with a Flip you can buy spare inserts and reuse the outer. Also, once they've been washed the Flip outers dry a lot quicker than the V3/V4 outers, so you can use them with a spare insert again.

If you're not keen on the Flips, you could try Weehuggers too as they're a very similar thing. I haven't tried them but I've heard good things about them and you can use them with Flip inserts.

Dare I suggest old fashioned Terry Towelling Squares? I know that they don't look as pretty but they dry really quickly and are so much cheaper that it's possible to have loads more :)

I was going to get terry squares but my mum made a good point - they're big so they take up a lot of drying space. That's fine if you have a garden or spare rooms for drying racks but not so great if you don't have a garden or lots of space.

Another vote for Flips or BG V3s/V4s here. All 3 dry overnight :)

flips and BG vote here as well! You will find the flips and BGs way slimmer than the LL as well :)

I was going to get terry squares but my mum made a good point - they're big so they take up a lot of drying space. That's fine if you have a garden or spare rooms for drying racks but not so great if you don't have a garden or lots of space.

Hmmmm - that's true but on the other hand they drape very easily over radiators, especially if you get those 'over radiator' drying racks which they sell really cheaply on Amazon :flower:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bakaware-R...5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1282469137&sr=1-5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->