Best time for epidural!

JlynnJ

Reaction score
I'm looking in to getting an epidural, only because i have fear of giving birth, and im no good with pain and i was wondering when the best time to get an epidural is when your in labor? I will want to wait out some of the contractions than get the epidural bc i don't want to feel anything giving birth!!! Help.

Wouldn't you want to wait and see how you react to contractions? You may surprise yourself and not feel you need an epidural. Over here they wouldn't give you an epidural until you are at least 4cms I wouldn't think, although you're in America so not sure how it works over there..

Yeah, i definitely will wait and see how it all plays out.

There is nothing wrong with getting an epidural. I plan on getting one if labor is going on for awhile as I wanted to be as relaxed and rested as possible when it comes time to push and meet my little one.

You wont be able to get it before 4cm in most places (in the US) so I would just see how it goes after that point, I think 6 or 7 is probably a good time just depending on the length of your labor and how you are coping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->