Best time of year to get married in the uk?

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Hi all, I've never posted on this section before as we've been too pre occupied raising LO to even think about getting married. We have been engaged 2 and a bit years and have now decided 2018 is the year :) a bit far away but it's nice to know when it will be.

Just wondering what time of year is best to get married in the uk? I would ideally like sun sun sun! I know uk weather is very unpredictable so I'm just looking for experiences of your own wedding dates really!

Also, how long in advance would we need to book a venue? I'm hoping for a stately home wedding so I'm thinking it would need to be waaayyy in advance? I'm new at this so have no idea!

Thanks xxxx

I think a summer wedding is best. So I'd go for June to late August time.

There's no harm asking way in advance about booking a nice venue. It's surprising how far these places have bookings confirmed.

Try to get as much organised and booked ASAP. We left it a bit late, as we didnt want to wait any longer, and couldn't get a photographer in time!

Congrats!

I would probably want to start booking around 2015/16. We are getting married the week before schools break up as it is ALWAYS sunny that weekend and then starts raining as soon as school breaks for summer. :happydance::happydance:

If you want sun then go between June - Aug obviously. But don't be too upset if it does actually rain!! I'm actually having a winter wedding - in February and I think it will be lovely at that time of year but it all depends on what you want. Places do get booked up in advance but remember if you have a week day wedding (or one out of season) then you may get discounts from some places xx

I think September is usually the sunniest, it always seems to either be a total heatwave or raining in July and August! We got married in November and I'm so glad we did. It was sunny and cold and so beautiful with all of the leaves and the early sunset, and it meant a reception- at 5- by candle light.

Thanks for all your responses. I didn't even think about the fact that it might be a heat wave/overly hot and then that would be horrible in a big dress!

Emyandpotato your wedding sounds beautiful! I spoke with my OH last night and he wants to get married on his 30th birthday, which is 9th June 2018. So looks like we have a date! I don't know why he wants it on his birthday but oh well! I'm quite happy with that time of year, not to hot or cold. Just have to book really early to get the date we want :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->