Best time to remove dummy

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Scampie, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Scampie

Scampie Mummy to Sam and Finn!

Finn has had a dummy since he was around 12 weeks, and doesnt really go to sleep without it. I dread to think what it would be like without it. He doesnt have it during the day, while hes playing, etc. Just as a sleep aid.

Any ideas when the best time to remove it is. I dont want too, but at some point i know its gonna become 100 x harder to remove it.

2. LulaBug

LulaBug Mum of 5

Um...all I could really suggest is just remove it now and he'll eventually learn to cope without it. I've got the problem of weaning him off it during the day as it's a calming measure but he's now got teeth coming through and I don't want them growing around it. I think I may have to make him go cold turkey and try and distract him by other means.

3. mrsthomas623

mrsthomas623 MommyToNolanAndPregnant!

I won't stress out about it until 1.5 to 2 years. It makes him happy and it is not hurting anything. Except for teething spurts he doesn't have it much during the day.

Also it won't do any permanent damage to teeth unless they are past the age of 4 or5.