Best Time To Tell Child They're A Donor Baby?

AnaH

Reaction score
I'm writing an article for Diva Magazine on when the best time is to tell your child that they were conceived via sperm donation. What are your thoughts?

Ana

Freelance Journalist

I would say it all depense on how mature they are, but I wouldn't do it, until they are able to understand it... and that may not happend until they are teenagers.

ooh your getting around the sites Ana, I would say from day one..its something that will always be part if their lives..and that way it won't come as a shock later on

I agree with Indiapops, I was adopted and I knew from when I was small and it was just something I grew up with - not scary and a big change.

Our child will know all along that their daddy simply was a nice man that wanted to help us have a baby so much but that we don't see him. When child is older they will be free to contact the donor if they want to but we will not have any contact with the donor as I don't want the child to think we have been tellin the donor about them behind their back and not allowing them to know him.

This thread has been moved to press and research. Please note that any future research related posts/threads that are not placed here will be removed.

Yeah I agree the sooner the better. As long as they are loved and treated the same as blood related then that's all that matters to them I am sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->