Best washing detergent for nappies?

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
So I have always washed our nappies in our regular washing powder. However recently we've had quite an odour off the nappies as soon as she's peed in them. I've tried strip washing to no avail and was thinking about changing our detergent.

So...what do you use to wash your cloth? Thanks :flower:

I use Tide. Are you doing a prewash? I was having the same issue with smells until I learned I was supposed to doba prewash & now I don't have any smell problem. I did a bleach soak before my new wash routine.

I use Fairy. A prewash with cold water and no powder. Then either a 40 or 60 heavy duty wash with an extra rinse cycle.

Ecosprout - specially made for nappies. Should be used to strip first then wash. It totally washes out, I really recommend it.

Sadly there is a bit of a "drought" in the UK atm!

I like Rockin' Green, which can be ordered on Amazon. Everything else just stunk up the microfiber inserts I had.

I use Tide Free and Clear. Prewash with spin then heavy duty wash

I used to use ECOS free and clear, but it wasn't getting my regular laudnry clean, and when I got the first whiff of barnyard odor with my diapers this time, I bit the bullet and went for Tide. Just the regular powder in a box.

I now use it on all my laundry, diapers and not. My diapers have not had any stink since.

I do a quick cold water rinse, no spin, mostly to knock off any stuff and get the diapers wet and heavy so my HE machine will use enough water in the wash. Then I do a quick warm wash with a full amount of detergent, cool rinse no spin. Then I do a heavy duty wash with a half or less amount of detergent, on hot, with the included cold rinse and one extra cold rinse. Works great.

Bi-carb soda can be good for getting the smell out. If ours are getting a bit stinky I soak in water/bi-carb for a few hours before washing. I do a pre-wash and only use a 1/3 of the recommended detergent amount (i use cold power or ecostore but have no idea of the equivalent where you are). I also do an extra wash after and then hang them out in the fresh air (sunny is better but depending on where you are that may not be an option). The more they air dry the less they stink IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->