Best way to tone stomach?

candeur

Reaction score
Apart from crunches! I've got back problems and I find stomach crunches an absolute killer.
I don't need to lose weight as I've got down to my target weight but I still have my lovely love handles and muffin top which I'm desperate to get rid of, but no idea how to apart from stomach crunches.
Help! :flower:

oh im the same hun i really hope people have some good ideas xx

The midsection is all about your body fat percentage. Doesn't matter what the # on the scale is, your body fat needs to be low enough to get rid of the love handles/muffin top <--- that is 100% diet. If you wish, you can do various abdominal exercises to build the muscle underneath, but your diet needs to be spot on to lose the fat.

Here are some of my favorite target exercises. Like crunches, you *must* have a spot-on diet in combination with them.

- Weighted crunches (hold a weight plate in your hand as you do it).
- Cable crunches (you do these on your knees, so you might find that this doesn't hurt your back)

I know you say you don't want to do crunches, but you can do low reps of these ones (3x5, or 15 total, for example), so I'm not sure if it is an option or not.

That being said, I never actually do abdominals. I did careful diet planning and could avoid them. Compound exercises (squat, deadlift) can also help build muscle in that area.

Also, Slendertone. They DO work. I used to use one doing the ironing and at the pc. Everynight. That combined with horse riding is why I reckon I had a flat tummy at even a size 16

The midsection is all about your body fat percentage. Doesn't matter what the # on the scale is, your body fat needs to be low enough to get rid of the love handles/muffin top <--- that is 100% diet. If you wish, you can do various abdominal exercises to build the muscle underneath, but your diet needs to be spot on to lose the fat.
Here are some of my favorite target exercises. Like crunches, you *must* have a spot-on diet in combination with them.

- Weighted crunches (hold a weight plate in your hand as you do it).
- Cable crunches (you do these on your knees, so you might find that this doesn't hurt your back)

I know you say you don't want to do crunches, but you can do low reps of these ones (3x5, or 15 total, for example), so I'm not sure if it is an option or not.

That being said, I never actually do abdominals. I did careful diet planning and could avoid them. Compound exercises (squat, deadlift) can also help build muscle in that area.

very sensible advice!
unfortunately you can't spot reduce ie get rid of fat from certain places
try cardio which involves holding in your core ie running, power walking.
x

Hey, I got rid of my baby belly on previous pregnancy with Pilates....and a sensible diet of course....also, have you tried the plank? Where you lie face down on the floor, go up on your elbows (leaning on your fore arms) and your toes and hold it for 10 secs. Your elbows should be under your shoulders, and keep your back straight....its hard but it works x

Thanks for the advice... My diet is pretty good at the moment, so I'm thinking I just need to up the exercise because I don't do any at the moment.
I actually own a slendertone aswell but never see it through for more than a few days, my staying power is terrible so i'll have to start more regularly!

I'm planning on starting Pilates next week! (apparantly it's really good for toning bellies!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->