best ways to stop smoking....

kristy87

Reaction score
right, so ive set a goal to stop smoking before my first ivf consultation. an insentive to do so.

i smoked from when i was 12 to 17 and stopped no problem. oh hates smoking, but he put me through a really shit time last year, and guess what i started smoking again. so its probably been about a year now, and im finding it very difficult to stop.

what did you find worked best?

ive always said if i got a :bfp: id stop no problem which i know i would, but thats not happening, so looking at my ivf appt as my insentive to stop

xxx

I really want to stop again too.... could kick myself cos I quit as soon as I got my :bfp: !!

Looking for some tips too ... :hugs:

we can do it together?!?

xxx

I just decided to quit cold turkey... I was forever sayin i was gonna but never got round to doing it. But then about 8 wks ago I decided enuff was enuff smoked my last one and just grinned and bared it lol.

:hugs:

Hiya,

I'm new to bnb, but me and hubby just stopped smoking a month ago so were in the same boat!

I don't think there's any easy way to stop smoking, me and hubby are going to start ttc our first in October, and we've got a long way to go to get in shape for it as we were both heavy smokers and overweight, but we stopped 5 weeks ago and were both hanging in there.

I've been smoking for 8 years, and was about 20 a day before I stopped. We just set a date together, and got patches. It was really hard at first but its getting easier as time goes on, it helps to make a list of all the times you smoke and try and come up with other things to do to pass the time and get through cravings. It also really helps if you've got someone to do it with, I don't think I could be doing it alone.

Tell everyone your stopping too, my friends and the people at my work have been great. Even when its getting really hard, just one person saying "your doing really well" can make all the difference.

Good luck! x

I really want to stop again too.... could kick myself cos I quit as soon as I got my :bfp: !!

we can do it together?!?

xxx
defo a good idea not to go it alone!!! my aim is to have last fag 31st may. is that too far away for you ?

xx

we can do it together?!?

xxx
defo a good idea not to go it alone!!! my aim is to have last fag 31st may. is that too far away for you ?

xx

nah that seems fine...
:)

Got OH tobacco from duty free in spain, so Im smoking that as and when! So that sounds fine... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->