Best wrap for a newborn other than a moby

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
Advice please :)

Preferably i want something that both I and my husband can wear. Neither of us are big width ways but theres nearly a foot difference in height.

My little girl wouldn't settle in any carrier other than a ring sling. I don't know how he'll feel about wearing one, but it's easily adjustable, you can carry in a multitude of different holds and is still my favorite things to carry her in. She's 11 weeks and I'm still using the tummy to tummy hold- which I've been using since she was a week old. You can do cradle holds, too.

Just my opinion, but I think it's quite versatile and fairly easy to use. It does take some practice, but I love it!

Can I ask why not a Moby? :)

I found the Close baby carrier soft and comfy to use... OH can wear it as its easliy adjusted... He's 6ft 1" and I'm 5ft 4". Its good because its semi-structured - not just yards of fabric like the Moby.

I have just bought a Close for newborn baby and a Mei tai for when he's a little bit older :D

woven wrap will work for a long time, from newborn until you can't physically carry your baby anymore.

The ring sling worked well when Edward was newborn and now I use it daily for carrying him to the car or short shopping trips.

I found the Mai Tia worked better for us once Edward was older.

there is a foot difference in high between my DH and I and we share all three carriers.

Gypsy Mama Wrap is nice if you want a wrap. Otherwise I like the New Native, Peanut Shell, and my fav. that I use for my toddler the Munchkin JellyBean.

I liked the Bjorn, my DH could wear it, but I could lower it enough so Brenn could latch on, and I could nurse and do the grocery shopping.

Babyhawk Mei Tai's are fabulous! :thumbup:

Im considering one of these - can you use it with a newborn? Theyre very expensive!

You sure can! :thumbup: It has specific tying instructions for newborns, and the headrest will come in handy. It'll hold up to 40lbs too, which is helpful. Claire was a beefcake and outgrew the weight restrictions for the Baby Bjorn when she was 6 months old!

I also have a Cuddly Wrap (similar to Moby) but you already have that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->