Best xmas DVDs for a 3 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
I've bought The Snowman, The Snowdog, The Bear, Curious George Christmas and a Postman Pat christmas set. But I'm looking for a few more dvds to bring out over xmas to entertain my 3 year old DS. Any recommendations? I'm undecided whether to buy Polar Express because it's always on TV a lot near xmas, I keep adding it to my basket and then taking it back out :haha:

Father Christmas
Littlest light on the christmas tree
Elf story good if ur doing elf on the shelf
Not sure if it's for boy or girl but my girls have the barbie ones
Santa Claus the movie

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas

Another vote for the mickey mouse dvds
We've also got..
Arthur Christmas (I like this more than my boy though!)
A Paddington bear christmas dvd
Muppets christmas carol
Ramond Briggs Father Christmas

I cant remember what else!

Yeah I 2nd the mickey mouse 1s my wee boy loves them Arthur christmas is a favourite of mine to love it x

Yep, mickey mouse once and twice upon a Christmas definitely (Lily has taken to watching them daily!) And Arthur Christmas! 😁😁😁

What about even The Gruffalo and The Gruffalos Child. Obviously no santa in it but they remind me of Christmas! Plus not on too long so hold their attention well.

Another vote for Mickey Mouse Twice Upon A Christmas my 3 yo loves it, we have to watch it even when it isn't Christmas. He's not as bothered with the first one though. Also if they like Disney Junior/Mickey Mouse there was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Christmas Special with Santa in that they had on DVD (I can't remember the name of it though!)

He also sits in fits of laughter at the Home Alone films.

Snow man and snow dog
Arther Christmas
Polar express

My two love these.

Lucas loved Father Christmas (the Raymond Briggs one), and Thomas the Tank Christmas DVDs. Anything short is ideal tbh. I only just got him to sit through a full film a few days ago (it was Elf!)

at 3 my boys have loved

ELF
The Santa Clause
Arthur Christmas
The Grinch (although ds2 was a little scared of the Grinch the first time, but loved it after that lol)

Our boys' Christmas favorites:
Mickey once and twice upon a Christmas
Arthur Christmas
Rudolph
Frosty
Curious George
Polar Express
Santa Paws
Elf (okay, this is my favorite, not theirs, lol)
The Santa Clause

ETA: Mickey's Christmas Carol
The Grinch who stole Christmas

Twice upon a christmas is great, my dd would ask us to rewind & watch the ice skating part several times.
The mickey christmas box set (4dvd's) is £9 at the minute on amazon. x

Thanks ladies some great ideas. I love elf, we watched it three times last week lol! We've got NowTV so there'll probably be loads on that, but it's not the same as having them to keep for my very own :haha:

DS1 loved ELF last year at 3... He still does now despite watching it at least once a month all year :dohh:

DS2 has just got into Polar Express! It was on channel 5 the other week and it was the first film he has sat all the way through. We've watched it on DVD at least 3 times in the past week :)

Hayden is now 4, last year his favourites by far were The Snowman, Snowman and Snowdog, and Father Christmas (Raymond Briggs one). We also watched and enjoyed Arthur Christmas, the Polar Express and Once Upon a Christmas. Don't know if you can get it on DVD but my parents recorded something called ' Mouse and Mole at Christmas' and he loved it, they still have it on their digibox, and he has watched it regularly through the year!

Not strictly Christmas but the weather is right in it (!) Ice Age and Ice Age 2 are good for that age, and Aldi have them as a box set of the two for £3.99 I just bought today. :D

ones we have either on dvd or sky
-thomas christmas express (theres also a new one out)
-peppa pig xmas
-polar express
-grinch
-mickeys once & twice upon a christmas
-arthur christmas
-The gruffalo's child has snow in it lol!
-Rise of the guardians

Bear in the big blue house: "a very beary Christmas" is really lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back