Beta blockers in pregnancy

charlottex

Reaction score
So my cardiologist has put me on beta blockers as my heart reaches 150bpm on standing which makes me faint and feel quite poorly.

I've also got to have 2 growth scans due to taken them. One at 28 weeks and another at 34 weeks.

But I'm scared to even take them :(

I took them my entire last pregnancy and will be on them this entire pregnancy too. I'm sure they have prescribed you one that is safe to take.

I think they are safe Hun if your doctor has prescribed them. I think that's one of the options they give for high blood pressure too? I think you should take them, if you feel faint is there a chance you could faint and fall on the bump? :hugs: I've had to take things that I would rather not, it's hard

I have been at hospital quite a few times due to a fast pulse - mines also hits about 150bpm at its peak.

Mines is anxiety related (although I don't feel anxious, it is always worse at hospital and when I think about it!) my actual true resting pulse is in the 80s pre pregnancy and 90s when pregnant.

Have you had an ECG etc done? Te reason I'm asking is because my ECG was normal therefore they were happy for me to go without beta blockers. Using diaphragm breathing also brought my heart rate down from 137 bpm to 92 bpm so it made a massive difference!

That being said, beta blockers are safe, however I didn't really want them and these steps have worked for me. Out of curiosity, have they mentioned anything about how they would manage this during labour?

I have been at hospital quite a few times due to a fast pulse - mines also hits about 150bpm at its peak.

Mines is anxiety related (although I don't feel anxious, it is always worse at hospital and when I think about it!) my actual true resting pulse is in the 80s pre pregnancy and 90s when pregnant.

Have you had an ECG etc done? Te reason I'm asking is because my ECG was normal therefore they were happy for me to go without beta blockers. Using diaphragm breathing also brought my heart rate down from 137 bpm to 92 bpm so it made a massive difference!

That being said, beta blockers are safe, however I didn't really want them and these steps have worked for me. Out of curiosity, have they mentioned anything about how they would manage this during labour?

I am the same and I think mines more anxiety aswell. They put me on bisoprolol first pregnancy which I had no issue with. second pregnancy it was more a Bp issue and the gave me labetalol which I do not react well too! almost fainted as I think it was more anxiety doing it and made me feel like bugs were crawling on my scalp

OP - is this a pre existing issue?

I've had very test they offered me, this has been going on for, 4 years now since my I was pregnant with my first child. Only now they are getting concerned.
I've had hundreds of ECGs and only this time they wernt happy. They think I have something called POTS. But will re look at that when I'm not pregnant.

They haven't said anything about mangering it in labour as of yet but with my other 2 they said an epidural would help and I was going to have it anyway.
I was previously induced both pregnancies but not due to heart rate. So will have to play this my ear atm x

I took them with no problems during my last pregnancy and they have been mentioned again this time around but they don't like to start them here until closer to the third trimester xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->