• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beta blockers in pregnancy

charlottex

Reaction score
So my cardiologist has put me on beta blockers as my heart reaches 150bpm on standing which makes me faint and feel quite poorly.

I've also got to have 2 growth scans due to taken them. One at 28 weeks and another at 34 weeks.

But I'm scared to even take them

Beta blockers were commonly used in pregnancy as little as 20 years ago to control high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia, but stopped as they can make the baby small for dates. Your doctor will have carefully evaluated if you are at greater risk from not taking them compared to any risk from your baby being born smaller than expected before prescribing them. If you have any more questions call and ask, they'd much rather you did that than worry, but an unstable heart rate will also cause problems for the baby, which again your doctor will have taken into consideration x

I use them on my pregnancies for pre eclampsia, eclampsia & hellp syndrome also had proper seizures. My babies have never been small. The condition itself causes small babies but only if the placenta isn't working correctly or getting enough blood flow. The doctor will choose a safe beta blocker. My babies have been 7lb 14oz 38weeks, 6lb 15oz 37weeks, 6lb 13oz 37weeks. All the best Hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->