Bethanie refusing cup

T

Tilly

I know babies shouldn't be having a teat after 1 year, but I can't get her off of it. I bought her some cups and for a few days she drunk her milk out of it but then she refused one day and wouldn't accept it again so I put her back to her bottle. She will drink juice from a cup, but not the milk.. as soon as she tastes it, she moans and refuses it.

What can I do?:dohh::wacko:

rhys is exactly the same, juice is fine out of a beaker but as soon as he sees its milk he pushes it away and refuses! grrrr!

im just persisting with trying and seeing where it gets us, when he refuses 2-3 times i usually give in with a bottle.

It's frustrating isn't it, plus I feel a bit embarrassed giving her a bottle in public and seeing a little one drinking out of a cup. :/ I know they're ready when they're ready, but I don't want her having a teat for too long.

Anyone else got any good tips? or just wait it out and let her say when she wants it?

My mother in law told me the way she got DH off the bottle when he was a baby was putting mustard on the nipple and he started to prefer his sippy cup over the bottle lol

Good luck with your little one :hugs: maybe it's something about the bottle that is comforting to little ones.

i gave ewan a cup with a soft sippy bit - it was a bottle to cup trainer. worked fine for me.
https://www.ciao.co.uk/Tommee_Tippee_Easiflow_Bottle_To_Cup_Trainer__6744507

He now uses some thing like this.. if i give him a cup he just spills it everywhere!
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Tommee-T...ryZ20409QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Try a cup with a soft spout, i would personally just give her the cup for juice and offer the milk in it as usual and not give in as you are showing her that she can get you to give in otherwise. If she is perfectly happy to drink juice out of it then it is just a comfort thing with the milk. Sounds harsh but if you give in then they will have one over you and next time you say no or want them to come off something they will know which buttons to push!! lol clever little things are children! It is very hard but i am sure that if you stick to your guns then she will be off the bottle in few days. Or other option is to leave her and wait but it will be more difficult taking her bottle when she is older! Good luck whichever way you go anyhow.xx:hugs:

At first I was firm, thats how I got her to drink from the cup.. then she saw the bottle and got all whingy and back to square 1 we went. I've thought about throwing the bottles out but they're cups too.. got these:
https://www.aventamerica.com/images/products/hero_9ozmagic.jpg (we just use a teat in it as the flow is much too fast) and some different ones. I've tried soft spout, hard spout, slow flow, faster flow.. nope, she won't give in! I know I need to be firm but I don't want her to not drink.. you think I should just not give her the milk if she won't accept it then? as id worry shes not getting enough calcium etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->