Bethanie - Self Feeding

T

Tilly

Hi all,

Bethanie has been able to hold her own spoon and get the food in her mouth for ages and ages, but I never really encouraged her as much until the past month or so. She will sometimes hold the spoon a few times but recently when I say "Bethanie, you do it then! :)" she won't do it anymore, instead.. she has a tantrum in her high chair (she throws herself back and screams at me, then sometimes she hits her hands on the tray in defiance lol).

I've tried balancing the spoon in the food (to encourage her to grab it herself) but most of the time she just hits it out of the pot or my out of my hand. She seemed to have no problem trying to dip her spoon in my mcflurry pot though, funny that..

Any advice please?:wacko:

At Charlie's nursery, they don't even attempt to get them to feed themselves with a spoon until they are at least 12 months, or they start trying to do it themselves. Maybe leave it a bit longer hun?

Or.... (which is what I did with Charlie), give him a different type of spoon to what you normally use and let him hold it. I used Tommee Tippee weaning spoons, but then bought Charlie his own Heinz one. He used to hold that and it was a spoon from me, then a spoon from Charlie. That went on for a couple of weeks until now it's almost all him. The only time I attempt to feed him is if he's struggling, really really hungry or tired, or I'm in a rush for some reason. And Charlie's 13 months!

Even though i always give Rhys a spoon he never uses it to feed himself. I did baby led weaning with Rhys which means i didnt give him purees and stuff after 5months old, he always uses his hands and just waves the spoon around!

callum cant feed himself off a spoon and he is 14 month :D

Thanks all, im worrying myself over crap yet again!! I need to learn to relax I think. Will try with her again soon and let her play with a spoon when im feeding her maybe.

Ty ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->