Beyond bareable now. Help me.

LongingForNo2

Mother Of 2
Reaction score
Okay. I'm almost 20years old. Prior to having my son I was overweight badly. I weighed 20st (280lbs) Now I am still really heavy at 19st 4lb (270lbs) This is really having an effect on me. I have PCOS and have struggled with my weight since I was 8years old. I get funny looks for been the way I am. Now this is getting beyond bareable :( I can't live like this anymore. I've considered bariatric surgery but don't qualify on the NHS. I have a current BMI of 47. I have tried dieting coninuously. I had my childhood stole away from me. I was always at the dietians which never ended up in me succedding in losing weight. I'm trying so hard but just can't seem to get anywhere. I have major depression and the doctors are useless at helping. I attend the gym everyday of the week for an hour, I eat three times a day balanced out diet. I even eat off a childs training plate so I dont end up eating too much. Ugh please help am at my witts end!!!!!!

Sorry to here you are so depressed :(

Have you tried myfitnesspal? You can track everything you eat to see where you are going wrong. It also gives you a recommendation for your daily calorie intake in order to lose weight quickly.

You could try joining a group such as weight watchers. The support and friendship could really lift your spirits and keep you on track.

I'd also recommend buying a copy of Paul mckennas "I can make you thin". If you get the copy with a cd it has a hypnotherapy track. It focuses on learning your hunger signals and not overeating whilst still eating nice foods. It's also big on positive affirmations to make you feel good about yourself.

I hope you find some of that helpful xxx

Sorry to here you are so depressed :(

Have you tried myfitnesspal? You can track everything you eat to see where you are going wrong. It also gives you a recommendation for your daily calorie intake in order to lose weight quickly.

You could try joining a group such as weight watchers. The support and friendship could really lift your spirits and keep you on track.

I'd also recommend buying a copy of Paul mckennas "I can make you thin". If you get the copy with a cd it has a hypnotherapy track. It focuses on learning your hunger signals and not overeating whilst still eating nice foods. It's also big on positive affirmations to make you feel good about yourself.

I hope you find some of that helpful xxx
Thankyou. That is very helpful and I will definitley try the book and cd. Also the group thing sounds so amazing but I'm scared they will look at me funny :/ x

I'm sorry to hear about the way you're feeling hon. You'll need to leave your comfort zone to reach your goals, that's the first thing. Don't worry about how people look at you, know inside when you're doing something to reach your goals that you're proud of yourself and nothing else matters!! You'll notice after a certain amount of time, you will have confidence, love for yourself and grow in a way I can't describe. It is truly life changing to put you and your health as a priority. Definitely start a myfitnesspal.com account so you can track what you eat :)

As far as I am aware I don't have an underactive thyroid. I have got polycystic ovarian syndrome which can cause problems with your weight. I will definitley start up a myfitnesspal. I don't know what I could be doing wrong. But I will certainly make a food diary x

Hi there, keeping a food diary is a great idea as for me, I find that lots of little things tend to slip into my mouth unless I am actively logging everything that passes my lips. It really makes you think about what you are eating and when and why, instead of just carrying on with what has become a habit.

Perhaps if you are wanting to join a slimming group but are feeling unsure about walking through the doors, you could instead join an online one? Slimming World are online and I personally find SW suits me the best as so many foods are unlimited, you can literally fill an entire plate full, eat that and go back for more if you want. And it doesnt mean just eating rabbit food, you can have unlimited potatoes, meat etc and by changing the way you cook them you can make chips everyday and eat as many as you want or a whole chicken if you feel in the mood! I cant be doing with counting points or calories, I find SW easy and filling as I can snack all day on free food and still have enough 'syns' for a Solero (5 syns), Fruit Pastille ice lolly (3 syns), mini Twister ice lolly (2,5 syns), and 5 syns left over for something else every day!

Hi there, keeping a food diary is a great idea as for me, I find that lots of little things tend to slip into my mouth unless I am actively logging everything that passes my lips. It really makes you think about what you are eating and when and why, instead of just carrying on with what has become a habit.

Perhaps if you are wanting to join a slimming group but are feeling unsure about walking through the doors, you could instead join an online one? Slimming World are online and I personally find SW suits me the best as so many foods are unlimited, you can literally fill an entire plate full, eat that and go back for more if you want. And it doesnt mean just eating rabbit food, you can have unlimited potatoes, meat etc and by changing the way you cook them you can make chips everyday and eat as many as you want or a whole chicken if you feel in the mood! I cant be doing with counting points or calories, I find SW easy and filling as I can snack all day on free food and still have enough 'syns' for a Solero (5 syns), Fruit Pastille ice lolly (3 syns), mini Twister ice lolly (2,5 syns), and 5 syns left over for something else every day!
Wow thanks for this. I will definitley look into that. I decided the day after posting this that an hour at the gym a day is good but I also go for a 45min run down our local track now too :) So I've increased my exercise. But by tracking my food on my fitness pal it has now revealed to me that I may not be eating enough calories for the exercise I do and in which so I could be sending my body into starvation which is apparently very bad for weight loss as it doesn't make loss easy but hard.. Thanks for all the advice. Think slimming world online will be my way forward along with the food diary xx

Ooh definitely dont starve yourself! that would be pure misery and would make you feel really ill, plus it will make losing weight really hard and so will be a motivation killer.

I have a long way to go, I need to lose nearly 7 stone to get to sit comfortably within my BMI. I started Slimming World again (for the 6th time in ten years) last week and this week I have weighed in and lost 5.5lbs. It has always worked for me in the past, I plough on weight when I stop following the plan. It sounds like you are doing masses of exercise, I am trying to build mine up with doing the C25K running programme and doing fitness dance and zumba console games on non running days. I feel better jogging (or 'flumping' along may be a more appropriate description for me) on alternate days otherwise my body just aches, hurts and feels exhausted, this way with more gentle exercise inbetween I feel energised everyday.

Whatever eating plan you choose to follow, make sure you are eating enough otherwise you will be facing a seriously uphill and miserable battle!!!!!!!!

The gym never did anything for me - try walking briskly for that hour every day!

no one is going to look at you funny if you join a group.
its just deciding which one is best for you.

weight watchers u have to point everything(aart from fruit and veg)
slimming world losts of things are free,but u have to count bread,sauces and all treats.

its good to go because the person taking the class has lost the weight using that system so its a good motivational tool.
the hints and tips are great as is the support.

it helps if u can find exercise u like doing, going for a walk.walking up and down the satirs in ur house etc. it doesnt have to be going to a gym or classes,unless u enjoy it.

i have found it doesnt work for me if i dont enjoy it cause i just dont put the effort in!

and most importantly start believing in urself:flower:

I have over 100lbs to lose and have been feeling so down lately. It's taken me three months to bite the bullet and join weightwatchers. I was so scared I'd be judged and stared at but everyone was so lovely and supportive!
The leader was so kind I actually cried!!

Maybe we could buddy up and cheer each other on? I think it could help having a buddy with a lot of weight to lose x

If you use use y fitness pal it will adjust your daily intake according to how much excersize you have done that day - if you don't eat back some excersize caloriesin can stop you from dropping

hi there, i have pcos too and over the past 7 years my weight crept up so much my symptoms got worse and worse!! i've foudn the dukan diet to be the best thing for me in losing weight, albeit a drastic one! a diet low in carbs and no refined sugars is best for pcos. you should try and eat a low g.i. diet, so wholegrains rather than white flour based foods, no sweets (sugar-free jelly instead is great!)

have you been to the doctor about this? they will often prescribe metformin to help you with the weight loss, as insulin resistance is a symptom of pcos, and no matter now much exercise you do along side healthy eating, the body still struggles to lose weight. i discovered this as you did, aug-oct i was at the gym 6hours a week eating healthily, but no weight loss. since restarting the dukan diet, i've lost 30lbs (including a couple of weeks off for christmas and new year!!)

another alternative is to take chromium supplements, it acts in the same way as metformin, but is the natural version...my friend started this in december, and lost 8lbs in 2 weeks.

if you are on facebook, search the pcos uk inspiration foundation. there is loads of information and help on there, and the ladies are lovely and helpful too :)

if you have any questions or need support i'm here!! i love kicking pcos in the bum!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->