Beyond stressed.

lisaalove

Reaction score
So this is going to be a bit long and for that I apologize. This last week and a half has been a journey and a half. It all started out with being told by my OB that my glucose levels were high and I need to keep an eye on what I eat, but not so high as to do a three hour glucose test. Then I went home and told DH what I was told, he has a bad sugar habit which makes it that much more difficult to not indulge when I'm stressed. (I am a BIG stress eater) :blush: The next day the maintenance guy came over to our house to check and find out why our heat/ac wasn't working. (We just moved into a new place at the 1st of this month) so I'm sitting watching a little bit of the television while he is outside working on it. Next thing I know the tv cuts out and I hear "Call 911!" So of course without thinking I do so. My DH comes in from the back asking what's going on and goes outside to look. Well I suppose the maintenance guy went to flip the breaker because it was in an off position, and it caused an electrical fire. Which thankfully was put out by itself. But it ended up shorting out the main box to all of the power to everyone on our side of the street. So we got put into a hotel for a week and just got back yesterday. The ppeople who had lived here before us were apparently Crack heads who figured out a way to steal power from the city and in doing so messes with a bunch of cords they weren't supposed to which caused the fire and short. I was just happy to be back home, I did feel bad we had to stay in a hotel on valentine's weekend and during hubby's birthday but was thankful nothing of ours got ruined. Well the day we got back home I went to go run some errands really qquick and when I went to start my car it wouldn't start. So I called DH and he came to the rescue and somehow made it work. Today I went to preregister at the hospital and was told they don't take my secondary insurance for elective purposes. Which happens to include giving birth there. (Even though they accept it if you need to go to the ER) so I go to leave stressed beyond belief for the millionth time, and you guessed it my car won't start... so I proceeded to call hubby and graciously ask him for help yet again at which he was frustrated and got mad at me asking why the car only acts funny when I drive it, then told me he would come if I couldn't get it started in the next ten minutes. So I call him ten minutes later car still not starting and he says fine but if it starts when I get down there I'm not coming to help you again because this makes no sence. I then got off the phone waited for him and cried a little bit at how when one thing goes wrong everything does all at once. So he gets there and it doesn't start and I just give him a told you so look. He then worked on it for an hour and we called my dad to ask what could be wrong as well and somehow magically it started one time. Don't know how but at least it made it home. I had planned on buying a new car in August but not before then! So that's just another random bill to throw in the mix. Along with the fact that the hospital doesn't accept my secondary insurance (with that I wouldn't have had to pay a dime out of pocket which is what I have been planning since we started ttc!) Not to mention from staying at a hotel without a kitchen or fridge we spent so much money on fast food that, that put us behind money wise as well! :cry::wacko: I just feel so overwhelmed by this all that all I want to do is scream and cry.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes on my phone
& if you made it through my rediculously long rant I must congratulate you.

Massive hugs sweetie. I know that feeling of everything going wrong at once and having a less than understanding oh. I also go through stages where everything feels like people are demanding money from us and no matter how much we try to cut back nothing makes it possible to cover our bills. The best thing you can do is just try and take a step back and keep calm for baby's sake. Somehow everything will turn out fine in the end somehow x x

Wow that sucks, I'm so sorry hon. But yeah it seems like if one thing happens other tend to follow... let's just hope it all gets done before baby gets here and it will be smooth sailing from there on out!
Just think now you'll have an electricly (lol probably not a word) safe house, and a new car for the baby.
Hugs to you :hugs: :hugs:

I've also been under an tremendous amount of stress and felt like everything was just going wrong. Its not easy to deal with and its hard to find anything positive going on. But just keep remembering that it really is going to all be ok. Things have a funny way of working out - sometimes not the way we expect, but that's fine too.
Find one positive thing each day and you'll find that it'll become easier to focus on the things going right instead of the things going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->