bf and ttc

hollyw79

Reaction score
:hi:

Hoping for some help! My LO will be a year old in a few weeks and AF has yet to return. My dh and I are open to ntnp/ttc yet I'm supposing this is impossible bc I haven't had a period yet?? Is there any chance I'm even ovulating without getting a period?

I never thought I'd be WANTING af to come back! :rofl:

Also, any gentle tips on getting my daughter to at least reduce how much she bf during the day? We co-sleep and I let her have free reign at night and I don't mind this at all BUT I do wish she'd be better at eating solids and she's not.

I have no experience myself (I am expecting my first) but I've read that reducing/eliminating night feeds can help with getting your period back. Hopefully some experienced members can give you more information!

I got pregnant with #2 before AF returned after #1. She was 12.5 months at the time. It happened a few weeks after going back to work and her starting to STTN having previously co-slept.

I'm in the same boat except LO is 15 months. OH and I want to start trying but I have only had one period! LO was 13.5 months and I haven't had it since (and I'm not pregnant). I got that one period during a time of better sleep, when he was hardly having any boob at night. Since then he's been teething, sick and we moved house so he's had a lot of comfort boob which seems to have stopped my period again. He only has two during the day now so if I can get him to cut down at night again I think my cycle will return again.

I have no experience myself (I am expecting my first) but I've read that reducing/eliminating night feeds can help with getting your period back. Hopefully some experienced members can give you more information!

thank you :hugs: I've read the same thing but that for sure is where I struggle getting her to nurse LESS! :dohh:

I got pregnant with #2 before AF returned after #1. She was 12.5 months at the time. It happened a few weeks after going back to work and her starting to STTN having previously co-slept.

that's good to know! Thank you! :hugs: I'm opk'ing just to see.. but I'm just not expecting anything at this point! (sigh)

I'm in the same boat except LO is 15 months. OH and I want to start trying but I have only had one period! LO was 13.5 months and I haven't had it since (and I'm not pregnant). I got that one period during a time of better sleep, when he was hardly having any boob at night. Since then he's been teething, sick and we moved house so he's had a lot of comfort boob which seems to have stopped my period again. He only has two during the day now so if I can get him to cut down at night again I think my cycle will return again.

oh goodness... so you're about 4 months ahead and me and still in the same predicament :dohh: 2 a day is pretty good. Do you nurse to sleep??

My 10 month old has full reign at night too haha I only offer water with a drop of juice in the day seems to work for him. We are also TTC my AF came when he was 7 months but that's when I completely stopped nursing in the day. I've Been opking and found I have a short luteal phase of 7-9 days! Sucks but I'm taking b6 so hopefully it will regulate my cycle! Good luck bdw! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->