BF and weaning?

S

Serene123

I'm so worried she isn't getting enough milk. She is eating so much!!

I hope you're not offended by me saying this but you're always worrying that she isn't getting enough milk!

As long she's still feeding fairly frequently (like not just twice a day or something!) and is having wet nappies I don't think you should worry.

How often is she taking milk? I'm not sure what to advise as i'm not sure if you're asking for advice. Maybe you could express for a day to see just how much milk she takes? To put your mind at ease?

xx

Every 3-4hrs most of the time.

I think it's more how much she's eating, rather than how often she's BFing.

Formula wise they only need 3 x 7oz feeds a day at 7 months, and as formula is havier than breastmilk I guess she might need a little bit more than that. I would guess every 3-4 hours is more than enough!

This is part of the reason why I stopped breastfeeding TBH because I was so stressed about him not getting enough milk all the time. Its one of the downsides of it :( If you're not convinced shes getting enhough maybe you could try giving her one or two formula feeds a day?

xxx

She won't drink it. She was having formula but then she stopped taking bottles and she won't take it from a cup either. She will only drink water from a cup, not even juices! I'm at a loss..

I really wouldn't be too worried, just nurse her when she's hungry, no matter how often. She may be wanting it more for a snack, just because she's thirsty, or for comfort. Babies know when they are hungry so I would just follow her cues

I worry about this with Valerie, as well. I work two days a week and when I pump; I am only able to get about 3-4 ounces out of each side. So I'm always worrying that that is how much she gets from me; which would only equal out to her getting barely 20 ounces a day. But then someone told me that they get a lot more from you then what a pump can do and I relaxed. I really wouldn't worry about whether she is getting enough from you. If you have the right amount of wet diapers a day and her poops are right, also...then she should be getting enough. Also; like someone else said you could always keep trying to push a bottle of formula a day if you are that concerned about it. But I would just stick with your normal schedule and do what you usually do! You're doing a good job and she looks very healthy to me! :)

now we're eating food ted will have maybe 5 good milk feeds in 24 hours. one in morning before breakfast, one in afternoon maybe, one before bed and a couple, maybe 3 in the night. the rest are little sips.he gets too destracted in the day.

She will drink as she is hungry... and not to be offensive, but with food and other things that taste good she may eventually wean herself from bf... She is soon going to be needing more solids then bm anyways.

She is doing perfect, you have another thread about her weight gain so you should be proud :)

Yeah, my mind is at rest now. :)

I know she will wean herself off BM eventually, just didn't think it should be this soon!

It isnt going to be right away, no worries, im sure she will still bf for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->