BF lo #2 when #1 was pure ff

THart

Reaction score
So with my first I formula fed from the start. The thought of Breast feeding nauseated me at that point. But she grew I came to regret not even attempting it.

Thy being said, I'm pregnant with #2 and would like to attempt even though I still have some aversion to it. (i.have issues even letting dh handle the girls) .

But part of me feels it would be unfair to lo #1 to try it with #2. People talk about the bond it creates and I don't want a bond stronger with one child than the other.

Maybe I'm being irrational, but I don't to regret not trying with 2 babies. Bit don't want lo #1 to grow up and come to understand and ask why I didn't with her and hate me for it.

I don't know of anyone can offer any advice, or if someone has been through a similar situation. But I'm really torn.

My situation is different since I tried to BF DD1 but she didn`t do well so I switched to FF when she was almost 3 months, but I`m stil BF'ing DD2 and I LOVE it!!. Yes it feels different, but I am glad I did it. DD1 doesn't seem to be bothered when I feed DD2, and I feel as close to DD1 as I do to DD2, even though the bond is different. Feeding a baby is just one of the many opportunities to bond with your child:winkwink:

My first child was formula fed and my second, third, and fourth were all breastfed. Like the previous poster, I had tried with my first but failed (recently found out she has a tongue tie...she's 7 now). Honestly, it wasn't much different. We adapted other ways to bond with my oldest. I held her tighter, gazed into her eyes as she fed, spoke and sang to her, and today my bond with her is no different than my bond with her sister. I'd say the only bonding difference that I think I have is that my bond is different with my boys than it is with my girls, but the bond with my girls is the same with each of them, and the bond with my boys is the same...does that make sense?

I think you may be overthinking it abit. I've never thought about how my mother fed me, all that matters is that she fed me. Your firtst child is definitely not going to resent you for not breastfeeding them, or feel cheated or whatever. If you really want to breastfeed then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->