BF Then and Now

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I have been BF for almost 4.5 years straight (with a little break between my first and second LO when my son weaned). Now I'm tandem nursing my second and third child. I remember how tough and embarrassing BF was initially. My son needed a SNS tube, he was extremely fussy on the breast, painful and cracked nipples, and my inexperience made things seem so much harder. I hated having to feed him in public because we would both get so frustrated. And I didn't understand that babies eat when they need to - not on a schedule, so I was always stressed that he wasn't getting enough. Luckily we found a groove eventually and things got easier.

But fast forward to this past Sunday I took my 2yo and 4yo to the public pool, and afterwards was helping them shower and change while simultaneously BF my 2 week old in the stretchy wrap. So easy, so simple, and not a hint of a fussy baby when he has full access to the boob! BF FTW!

Just wanted to put that out there for all the frustrated mamas - it gets easier! :hugs::hugs:

I'm also finding it easier second time round. With my first I didn't realise babies sometimes want to feed every other hour and there would be days I wouldn't move from the sofa because he was on the boob all day!! If we went out I expressed milk so I wouldn't have to feed him in public.

This time I'm happy to sit on the sofa all day and I'm to lazy to express milk so feeding in public happens on a regular basis!!

I had a tougher time at first with my second baby for the first 3 weeks. While I was experienced in breastfeeding, my lil daughter was not and I was in near tears from the pain. But then she got the hang of it and all was fine :happydance:

I remember I was so shy and hated feeding in public the first time around. This time around, while I'm not gonna sit down on a bench and whip my boob out (hey, I won't even wear a bathing suit unless I have shorts to cover bottom half :haha: ), I am not as shy about feeding my daughter.

In the long run, no matter the initial difficulties a mother/baby may have, in my opinion, it's still easier to breastfeed than messing with sterilizing/washing, mixing, and warming a bottle. I really hate washing bottles though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->