BF while lying down

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
You know that nice BF position where you lie down and baby feeds while lying next to you? Well, so far, I've only managed to use the side closest to the mattress for feeding from, so if LO wants to eat from the other side I have to turn over and then lay LO on the opposite side of me. But is there a way of managing to feed off either breast while lying on just one side? Would make life sooooo much easier!

It never even occured to me there was another way of doing it!! I always turn over too.

That's interesting... so far I've only been really comfy feeding from the other one ;)

I noticed this morning I tend to put my arm under LOs head and touch my knee (which is bent under LOs feet)

I only really feed laying down on my 'get out of bed now mummy' feed - after hubby has taken LO for an hour so I can sleep ;)

Oh i lie on my left and feed from both boobs while on that side. I seem to manage ok but i do have to adjust my position slightly and be careful to get my latch right on the 'top boob'

I do have pretty big boobs though so maybe that helps?!? :shrug:

Oh i lie on my left and feed from both boobs while on that side. I seem to manage ok but i do have to adjust my position slightly and be careful to get my latch right on the 'top boob'

I do have pretty big boobs though so maybe that helps?!? :shrug:

im the same. I just move more onto my side/tummy with LO aside me and I need to lean over slightly to get him latched on. I also have big boobs which i think helps.

Same for me... I lean further over with my big boobies! :)

I lean over too but I have small boobies!! :lol: It's just a case of being half on your side, half on your tummy so LO can reach the nipple. Takes a bit of practice though :D

yeh i can just about manage to feed from both sides on both sides if that makes sense!LOL i just kinda lean over her and get her latched...kinda half on yr tummy and half on yr back:) oh and i have teeny boobies:D

I turn him slightly more on his back and I lay somewhat on my belly so that the top breast falls in his mouth. You can sleep in this position, though, because you have to keep from actually rolling full on your stomach or it won't work. But I have done this on occasion when I'm feeling very lazy or if I don't want to disturb him so he won't wake up too fully.

I have small boobs, too, lol

My boobs are far too small to do it comfortably and if I fell asleep like that I'd squish her, so I just change!

Yeah, I meant to say you "cant" sleep that way...not with tiny ta-tas anyway...

Ive been told you can just use a pillow and then yr lo is higher up for the other boob and that way you dont have to move! Id love to feed lying down but lo wont keep his suction :cry:

I seem to only ben able to feed laying on my right side, with H feeding from my right boob. He just wont latch properly when I try from my left side laying down & he gets frustrated... I only feed laying down from my right occasionally anyway, usually when I'm too lazy to get up & want H to sleep for another hour or so, lol! Rest of the time he lays across my chest to feed, or i cradle him on the chair...

Sticking her on a pillow worked fine for me but I do have big "Ta-tas" (thanks Elysian for that phrase, I love it!)

I always feel like hes not feeding propally when were lying down like hes not getting enough milk! weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->