BF while TTC!

Pheonixsmummy

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if there was another thread like this one, but I wanted to see what kind of advice I could get on TTC while BF'ing my toddler. My LO only nurses twice a day. I feel like I haven't been ovulating at all since my partner and I have been TTC for 9 months, especially since I haven't really gotten any positive OPK's.

We didn't get to do any this month, so I'm just taking a guess that I did O! Anyways, does anyone have any idea how to increase fertility while BF'ing? I have always been curious about Fertilaid, but I know it's not recommended while breastfeeding! It'd be good to find something safe while my LO is on their way of almost being weaned!

I am TTC #2 and breastfeeding a toddler as well. I don't know anything about "increasing fertility", but if you've been having regular periods, then you are most likely ovulating.

I'm BF my 18 month old and have recently started TTC #2. I haven't heard of anything to increase fertility, but I don't see why you'd be any less fertile than when you're not BF as long as you are still getting your period :)

The only 'problem' I've found while BF & TTC is that some ovulation tests aren't as accurate due to the increased oestrogen already in our bodies. So it'd be best to stick to BBT charting and CM to determine ovulation. Good luck! x

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/2248333-anyone-breastfeeding-ttc.html

Come and join!
If you are having regular periods then you can assume you are fertile. I managed to get pg while bfeeding my 12 month old. I started taking vitamin b6 too for hormone balance and that worked for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->