BFN...feel so disappointed!

Lyra

NTNP #1
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't hold off any longer and did another test just now as I had two FRER left and on the box it days accurate 3 days before AF in 98% of women so I reckoned if I was going to get my BFP it would show today!

Anyway, it came back BFN...feel thoroughly fed up now even though we're not 'trying' hard. I so wanted to be able to tell my mum and dad I was expecting on my birthday next week! :cry: I didn't think I'd feel this rubbish but as it's the first month I thought I was in with a chance and been symptom spotting like mad I'd got my hopes up.

Argh, I am so frustrated at myself for building my hopes up, when AF arrives on Monday I don't know what I'm going to do!

Sorry for the self indulgent post guys I just needed a rant! :wacko:

Argh, now I'm going to have to go offline and hide in the bathroom so OH doesn't see me crying and realise I've completely lost the plot! :sad2:

It can be disappointing even if you are not trying even a little and think you might be, so do not be too hard on yourself for feeling like that. :hugs:

Don't worry Lyra....many of us have felt that way...

Even when I was WTT I was a mess whenever AF came. One time I knew we BD the day I was OV & my boobs were so sore I couldn't put on a bra. I even vomited (TMI). Ultimately, our bodies don't always do what we wish they would and its natural to be disappointed. Even if you don't think you should be upset, remember you are entitled to feel however you do.
:hugs:

I feel that way every time my period comes:cry: you gets your hopes up. ive been not using contraception for 5months now and nothing.. hurts me everytime:(

totally sucks for you, but hopefully in next month or 2 you will get a BFP- and win the lottery so you have more money in bank :thumbup: (saw ya post in a previous thread :haha:)

xxx

ohh sorry hun but wait don't lose hope..with my youngest I used FRER and didn't get a BFP till 14 dpo and I did it everyday starting 10 dpo.
I hope you get your BFP very very soon FX

Thank you all :) I am feeling better now but still disappointed and wish the next two weeks would hurry up! OH tried to cheer me up by saying 'well if it helps I'm feeling horny' LOL! No, that doesn't help right now, try in another 2 weeks time!! Men eh? :nope:

Oh yeah - and yes Mummymarsh, that would be lovely, keep crossing your fingers for me please!! ;)

LilianA - that is very encouraging! I could have been wrong with my date of O too by a couple of days as I didn't carry on testing til I got a full positive just used the mid point of my cycle. So I guess I should wait until AF arrives to be sure but I feel out now and don't want to kid myself!

Lyra, it sounds like your hubby has a similar way with words as mine does! Mine says stuff like that to make me laugh and cheer me up. Personally I'd prefer a bit of romance and some woo-ing ;) Keep your chin up lovely. We've only just begun this so its bound to take a few goes before we get it right. Practice makes perfect! :) xx

I too got a BFN and the :witch: is officially a week late today and I'm going off the fact I got a faint positive wed morning :wacko:

thanks love.... i'm having mixed symptoms now had some spotting yesterday verrry light and today nothing but a dull ache in my lower left abdomen and nauseated.. UGH

Ah, waiting to see if AF shows tomorrow! Still feeling a teeny bit optimistic, I can't help it even though I don't want the disappointment again! I've got one FRER test left and refuse to buy any more this month so won't test again unless it doesn't show for at least 4 days, lol!

I'm new here and just posted and introductory thread about the very same thing :) I hope you're doing better and that AF stays away and those 4 days fly by!

Nothing wrong with optimism!! Remember if AF does come, then at least you know where you are for the next cycle, and know you can start again. I'm feeing very hopeful for you. Keep us posted, and do try to hold off testing for a while. If you are pregnant than the hormone levels will be stronger the longer you leave it, and the more likely you are to get a definitive answer. Keep us posted. :flower:

Yeah....it showed! :( Oh well, at least I can be pleased that I have a nice neat 28 day cycle I suppose! Thanks for the support guys, on to another month! :dohh:

Exactly! You know where you are with a 28 day cycle. All the dates and books will make sense! ;) Here's to next month! xx

Lyra, why don't you come and join us here?: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/615151-thread-calm.html xx We're taking TTC in our own time and enjoying it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->