BFP 18th Oct, #1 due end June 2013 - buddies please?!

Ylanda

Mum of 1DD
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just found out this morning that I am 2-3 weeks pregnant, due date is end of June 2013. Who wants to be my bump buddy to share this amazing journey?

I'm 26, preg with #1, conceived in 3rd cycle off BCP.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Have you found a bump buddy yet? I'm just starting to look for one... due around the end of June as well... I just started stalking your journal earlier today too...

Hi Yoshy! So far I'm still without a buddy, I've just been posting in a thread with a bunch of ladies who all have due dates in June 2013. What about you? Are you looking for a buddy? X

Yup! Definitely looking for one... wanna buddy up? :)

Yay - buddies!

My real name is Jen, I'm originally from Germany but have lived in the UK since 2008 and am married to Paul, a Scot. We're both 26 and this is our first pregnancy.

What about you?

I keep to my screenname of Yoshy online, (although I'm happy to share my real name in private messages ;) The main reason for keeping my real name off the forums is because in theory anyone can read them). The username is actually a nickname of my husband's within his family, which I adopted when I joined BnB.

I'm 27, originally from the UK, but moved to Israel with my family when I was 11, and I got married a year ago on Wednesday :D
My hubby is almost 31, and he's originally from the States.

Almost 10 months. We started trying after we got married at the beginning of January, and got our BFP on October 15th.

How about you?

We got our bfp after two months TTC. I came off the pill in July, then waited for one natural period and then started TTC in August. So it happened very quickly. :)

Did you get married in Israel? We got married in May.

Yup, both sets of parents live here, as well as all our siblings and one set of my grandparents, and all our friends, so there wasn't really any other option even if we'd wanted to get married elsewhere.

Do you have siblings?

How did you manage to have my user name link up to my profile without actually posting the link in your sig? Same with your journal - the only way I could make it work was by copying in the link... I'll add you to my signature if you tell me how! :)

I have one younger brother, he's just turned 20 but in my head he's still only about 13 (that's what age he was when I left home). We used to fight sooooo much growing up, I think being 6 and a half when he was born I was so used to being an only child that I could never really accept him. But now we're really really close and I'm so glad he's part of my family. He's just moved over to the UK to study in Dundee and he's soooo excited about becoming an uncle!!! :D Have you told family and friends that you're expecting? What about work?

It's html style code. you type in [ url = (without the spaces) and then the url, then close the ], and then you type the text you want to show as a link, and then to end it, you put [ / url ], (again without the spaces) and it should show up (make sure to preview it first, to make sure it comes out ok).

You can do the same with your journal.

We've told all our family that we're expecting, and DH's coworkers know too. I'm not working at the moment, although I'm starting a course in Technical Writing in a few weeks, and then an internship afterwards. The people doing the course know I'm pregnant, but not at the place I'm hoping to get the internship. I'll probably tell them once I know whether or not I get it. In Israel you're not legally obligated to tell an employer you're pregnant until 5 months. And it shouldn't effect them, since I'll be done with the internship before i"m due.

We've told a lot of our friends, and we're telling people in general when we see them. We're keeping it off facebook for a while yet though. I like telling people one at a time :)

Great, I shall try that right away, thanks! :)

We told all close family the day we got the bfp and then extended family and most friends after the 12 week scan. For most people we actually mentioned it in their Christmas cards! lol

I have told work because it was getting too awkward with me being off sick so much without a good reason. So I told them officially after the 12 week scan. Management were pretty pleased for me and there are some good structures in place for maternity leave so it should all be good.

Oh, good luck with the course and the internship - will you be finished by the time baby is due?

I should be, assuming the timing of the course works out. I'm still waiting for them to get their bloody act together and let me know the date of the course.
I talked to them last week and they said they'd just started talking to the lecturers, and hoped to have an answer about it this week.

What do you work as?

Fingers crossed they get themselves organised soon!

I work in health research at York Uni. Started my current job just over a year ago and am loving it.

Are you planning to raise your baby with both languages, Hebrew and English?

Absolutely. With the Hebrew there's really no choice, as he'll learn it once he starts nursery or school, and English is also vital to us, since all his grandparents speak far better English than Hebrew, and his great grandparents (four of whom are still alive, thank G-d) don't speak any Hebrew at all to speak of...

I also think it's a huge advantage to grow up bilingual. It can cause certain difficulties to begin with, but studies have shown that bilingual kids have a lot of advantages in the long run. (I studied Linguistics at uni, btw, and Bilingualism in Children was one of the most interesting things to me... partly because I became bilingual at around the age of 11).

How about you? Do you want your kids to know a second language?

I completely agree with you!!! We're going to raise LO bilingually as well, with German (my mother tongue) and English (DH's mother tongue). English will probably be the stronger language once she/he starts education but I don't want to waste the opportunity to introduce German from the start. I'm pretty much bilingual now (as in, equally fluent in German and English) but I loved learning languages at school and still didn't become fully fluent in English until I spent my gap year in England. It'll be soooooo exciting watching LO grow up with two languages. DH is a bit nervous about it but I won't let him talk me out of this!!!

I did psychology at uni and language development and communication in general were among my favourite modules - I find it fascinating!

Good for you! Don't let DH talk you out of it ;)

My favorite Linguistics courses other than the ones including bilingualism in children were the brain science ones... it was so cool learning what part of the brain is responsible for each different thing!
And when I saw Babes on the scan last week and I saw his brain, I knew what the doc was talking about when he was talking about the different parts! :D

Haha, I love it when you know stuff the doctors don't expect you to know! ;)

Do you know the gender of your LO yet?

We tentatively know.

At the US last week the doc said he's almost certain it's a boy, but he couldn't tell us 100%.

We're waiting for the rescheduled version of the US we were supposed to have last week to find out hopefully more definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->