BFP after 21 months TTC (and after help from BnB!)

hi ann ive been offline for a while im so happy to see this hun,its really given me hope :happydance: a huge congrats to you and your hubby :kiss:

Awww congrats I love a LTTC success story. We actually did most of what you did too and only dtd twice that month. I can't say what was responsible for our success either. Well done. xxx

Congratulations, that is so wonderful hun! :hug:

Congratulations!! I love seeing other LTTTC-ers get their BFP :)

xx

MANY MANY congratulations..
You give hope to all the others ttcers out there :)

Good luck with the pregnancy.

xxx

Merv's mum has prompted me to open this thread :blush:

We got our :bfp: after 21 long months of trying, but this cycle I did everything I possibly could to increase my chances so I'm not sure what exactly is responsible for the success!

Just to give you an idea I was using...

CB Digi OPKs - to DTD at the right time
Evening Primrose Oil (2000mg daily) - to increase my EWCF
Preseed - because we generally use lube anyway and this one is sperm friendly
Mooncup - to keep those little buggers up there as long as possible
Folic acid - 5mg to be safe
Pregnacare vitamins

I wouldn't have known about half of those items on my list without BnB!

We actually only DTD 4 times in the whole month, its just that 2 of them were well timed :thumbup:

Aw congrats hun so happy for u yet so jealous at same time hehe, nahh really happy for u hun.
I brought some primrose oil ealier, tesco brand but should be ok aii?
Whats this mooncup like? how to u use it and where u buy it from?
Ive been trying on and off for about 2 years but u may of read in other threads that last month just gone ( cos i came on yestday) has been my first month where ive really understood like counting my cycle days, and then knowing when im ovulating and doing it on them days, and started using folic acid half way from month just gone. cos before i just thought, have sex get pregnant, didnt really understand all this doing it on certains days bla bla, im not using temps or sticks yet i was thinking if i dont get a bfp in next month or so i will start using them.
Oh and you no u said above u used the Pregnacare vitamins, where these the conception ones trying for a baby ones, or the normal ones?
Did you go to your doctors or anything or just try alone with the partner?
Sorry about the ques lol but because u said u got ur bfp after 21 months theres hope :D
Rli happy for u anyway babe and gd luck with the pregnancy msg bk mwah xoxox

Congratulations, although it's a bit late. I hope your pregnancy goes without a hitch. It's great to hear someone who was classed as LTTC get their bfp. I hope to follow soon.

:hug:

Huge congrats xxx

Sorry but can i ask a question? Why do you safe 5 m of Folic Acid to be safe? It is not safe to take more? thankx

I actually don't know what the safe upper limit is, but it wouldn't be safe enough for me to take the standard 0.4mg (400 microgrammes) that are in most vitamins, or in folic acid suppliments you can buy over the counter because my body doesn't absorb it properly. If I only took the 0.4mg that would put my baby at a higher risk for spina bifida.

I have Crohn's Disease which in a short version means my whole digestive tract is covered in ulcers, stops some nutrients being processed properly :shrug:

I have no advice on the upper limit though, sorry.

big congrats from a fellow ex lttcer :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->