BFP and anxiously awaiting dr app. ADIVCE

mrsconte

Reaction score
So, I just found out My husband and I are pregnant!!! We are very excited and honestly, didn't expect for it to happen this quickly (our first month trying). I called my OB immediately, and they don't want to see me for 4 more weeks. I will only be 7 weeks by then, but they didn't give me any advice on what to do until then. This is my first pregnancy, and I dont want to screw it up :)

I haven't announced the news to my mother, or anyone else because I am trying so hard to wait for Easter. I feel a little lost not being able to ask my mom for advice. Any tips would be appreciated. I am cutting out caffein, obviously alcohol and sodas, but there are so many things to avoid during pregnancy it gets confusing.

Thanks!

My OB's advice was everything in moderation with the exception of alcohol. I think a small amount of caffeine is okay (not sure of the exact number but you can google it). Some places will tell you no deli meat unless you heat to steaming, but I never did that as my OB said it was okay as is. There are also some fishes you should avoid bc of mercury. Soft cheeses are also on a list somewhere. You can google it if you want, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Congrats!

Thanks!!! I did google a good bit, but there are so many contradicting things, and maybe I am being a little paranoid as this is our first pregnancy lol. I just keep getting worried, I probably wont feel better until I see the ultrasound and the heart beat of our little one :)

Thank you for your response!

WSS.

Also get a pregnancy multivitamin or at the very least a folic acid supplement :thumbup:

Yeah google is full of contradictions, you can find a reason to avoid just about anything on google!

I went and got a couple pregnancy books and read those. From what I gather the most important thing is get a prenatal multivitamin and cut out alcohol. Limit caffeine (200 mg at most) and just eat healthy. Swordfish I think has highest mercury content, any bottom feeders do. You can even have tuna , just limit to maybe once a week. I've read stay away from raw things, like raw eggs or sushi, but some people have said that's not even a huge deal, I figure better safe than sorry. Make sure your dairy products are pasteurized, they usually are though in your usual stores. You can take tylonel, but not Advil. Hopefully that helps!

Folic acid as it prevents birth defects, liquid iron as it prevents developmental issues, ADHD, and learning disabilities. They are by far the most important prenatals but you should also take a good prenatal where the iron and calcium aren't in the same pill. Prenatal vits will also give you all of the B vitamins. They haven't linked autism to a lack of B vitamins in pregnancy but they're studying it and have made some small assertions.

Back to iron:haha:Iron binds to calcium so you'd poop it out and have wicked indigestion if you take one of those prenatals that combine them. No milk, yoghurt or cheese when you take your iron, I usually just put a small amount of the liquid stuff in OJ and drink it. It absorbs well with citrus. Iron binds the oxygen to your blood cells, very important to baby's development. If you take pills and they make you constipated or feel nauseated get the liquid iron, it's the worst culprit for tummy issues during pregnancy as it's super hard to digest. We're meant to have 28mg of iron/day (that's 30 heaping plates of spinach:sick:).

Congratulations!

heres a link to the advice we're given in uk
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx

folic acid and a good prenatal vitamin are essential
i second the liquid iron , much easier on the tummy - this is what i take https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nelsons-Sp...e=UTF8&qid=1427099594&sr=8-1&keywords=spatone

Thank y'all so much!!! I have been taking a prenatal vitamin since January, but I haven't been taking an iron supplement. I will definitely get one ASAP. I really appreciate y'alls advice. It has eased my worries a bit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->