BFP but worried - medical history

nickinakinoo

Reaction score
So this morning I got a very positive couple of tests

https://imageshack.com/a/img907/711/Py0gVg.jpg

But I'm panicing! 7 months ago I had a gastric bypass and since then I have lost 9 stone which is great but i'm still over weight and I'm worried about everything, I take antidepressents and I'm worried about taking them or about not taking them. I have had miscarriages before but they were early, tested before my period was due so really If i hadn't tested I wouldn't have known about them so I have every reason to believe that this bean will be sticky but I am fretting.

Have a chat with your GP and see what they say. Try and relax, I know it's easier said than done though:)

Totally normal to be worried, especially this early. But try to calm down a bit and take one day at a time. Are you taking folic acid? With a bmi over 30 they now recommend 5mg (not the standard 400yg). Other than that, I'd speak to your prescribing doc about your medication asap. And then just try to enjoy the ride!

Thanks ladies, spoke to my dr and she calmed me down a tad! I'm coming off my current antidepressants over 2 weeks then I'm going in to see her in January and if I'm not coping she'll put me on some baby safe ones. I have to take vitamins everyday so she told me to swap to a pregnancy one, I've got the centrium one.

I feel so tired :sleep:

Have you spoke to your gastric team as I know they don't recommend pregnancy in the first two years after bypass
I would certainly ring your special nurse and dietitian

I hope all goes well. I'm sure you know the dangers of getting pregnant so soon after a bypass. I have a good knowledge of barriatric s so here if you ever want to Pm me

Yeah I've spoken to the bariatric team and I'm seeing them next week, they're not hugely concerned as my weight loss has slowed down to about 2lb a week, I have no problems eating and my last bloods were fine. Down here they recommend waiting a year so I'm not too far off that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->