BFP @ doctor, BFN everywhere else

brunette&bubs

Mommy to James
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been awhile since I was super active. We have been NTNP...been doing the withdrawal method and was hoping we would NOT get pregnant.

My periods are pretty regular, every 26 days. So this month, 1 day before my period was due I had very light pink spotting so I took a FRER and it was BFN.

When I was 3 days late for my period I took a FRER digital and it said, no.

I just assumed maybe I was very stressed.

I went to visit my family 2.5 hours away and decided to see my OB there to check me out. I honestly did NOT expect that I would be pregnant. At this point I am 5 days late (today). The nurse walked in and told my dr. "there's still 1 minute left but..." Sure as hell, it was a BFP (picture attached). I was in shock. TOTAL shock. They asked if I wanted to do a blood draw and I said no, because honestly I was scared and didn't want to believe it.

I got back to my house 3 hours later and did a FRER digital and it said, no.

I am SO confused. Please don't sugar coat anything...we weren't planning so I can take bad news if needed. Has any of this happened to anyone? Is there a chance this is a false positive or a chemical pregnancy? With my son I got a BFP on a FRER 10 dpo and was definitely getting positives on digits 5 days past my expected period.

I am going to try a FRER with FMU tomorrow, but any personal experiences or insight is appreciated.

IMG_4011.jpg

That test is without a doubt positive! Doctor's tests are much less accurate!

I am just so worried that the test I took after was negative. I just have an odd feeling about it all. At 5 days late, shouldn't I be showing a positive on any test?

I would keep testing with normal pregnancy tests and I'm pretty sure they're all going to be positive :cloud9:

Hmm that is odd since doctors offices typically use like 25 miu to 50 miu tests. Frer GOLD digital looks for 18 MIU I believe. Sorry if I missed this but did you try on a regular FRER again after the doctors office? Did you get double lines on that?

Almost makes me wonder if the doctor muddled your test with someone elses? I would buy a similar cassette test and do another few over the next few days. Good luck to get the result that you want.

I wonder if it was a doctor mistake too. We had a huge snow storm here and I wasn’t able to run to the store to get more tests. Only had a FRER digi left. Took it with FMU said no... took it apart and saw a faint line. If the streets get plowed I’ll go get more. Thoughts?

FC62659F-363D-4609-97B8-A0B8FC6D79ED.jpeg

From what I've read, digi tests arent the same when you take them apart as a normal 2 line/+ test.
I have the opposite experience. Positives at home, sometimes negative and a negative at the drs. I was pregnant but had a mc at 7 weeks. My hcg was VERY low for 7 weeks (500 something I think?)

I hope you get some answers either way soon <3
Being in limbo is the worst!!

It really is the worst... I am waiting for my husband to shovel the driveway and I am off to get a FRER line test. If I don't get a line I am going to not hold my breath.

Something about this seems very off and I am wondering if the baby isn't sticking or ectopic.

So the closest store to here only had FRER line tests and Clearblue which had the +/- and the digital in the pack.

I peed in a cup and tried all 3.
The +/- was BFP RIGHT AWAY!
The FRER was very faint but there
the digital was not working...ugh, bummed!!
pics attached

Is there something wrong or that has changed with FRER? I had wonderful luck with them my first pregnancy but they seem a lot less sensitive now. I thought they used to be the gold standard.

Would a chemical show as strong of a positive as I am seeing on Clearblue with SMU?

3 tests.jpeg 2 tests.jpeg

How strange that frer is so faint in comparison!?
Sorry it hasnt been the obvious answer you'd expect!

My advice is definitely to get a beta hcg drawn 48 hrs apart to see if the numbers are in the right range and are doubling. If you are indeed preggies you need to know so that you can start/continue with your prenatals, schedule your doctor’s appointment for the first scan, etc. Good luck with whatever the outcome!

I’m sorry if this isn’t what you wanted but you are definitely pregnant. Frer are absolutely terrible now and are giving off false positives or false negatives it’s so bad. I only trust CB +/- now and they work amazing and that + is 100% true. Definitely time to get a couple beta hcg tests done to confirm for your peace of mind. I guess it’s congratulations if you want it to be xx

OH, I am. definitely pregnant. Got a more visible line on FRER last night and positive CB digital tonight (not even with FMU). Unfortunately, I can't trust FRER anymore.

I have an appt for a blood draw on Friday. I know they will probably have me repeat a draw the following Monday. I am not super concerned with the levels now that I am getting clear positives. Whatever happens, happens. My husband is over the moon and I am playfully acting pissed off at him and telling him he needs to get used to hearing "pull out" jokes for the next 9 months.

Now we are just trying to figure out when this possibly could have happened (for just pure curiosity). Period was due Jan 5 (CD 27) and I was supposed to ovulate between CD 11-13 (Dec 20-22) but I was out of town without my husband at the time. We had sex on CD 15, 16, 17 (Dec 24, 25, 26) CD 20 and 21 (Dec 29 and 30) and CD 25 and 26 (Jan 3 and 4). I know that doesn't narrow it down but I did have pink spotting on Jan 2 and 3 which I am now thinking is implantation bleeding. I am guessing it may have happened around Dec 29.cb digital.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->