BFP followed by three BFN! :(

AzureOrchid

Reaction score
I'm on CD 35 and typically my cycles are 28-31 days. I haven't had one this long in ages!

Yesterday morning at about 3:30am I woke up to use the bathroom and decided for the heck of it to POAS. Low and behold: a faint but definitely there line on a drug store brand!

I went back to bed and woke up at 7am. This time I used a FRER and it was a cold, hard BFN. Chalked it up to not having waited long enough since the first test so maybe my urine wasn't concentrated enough.

Later that afternoon - after not having gone since earlier that morning - I tested at 2pm with a ClearBlue Digital with weeks indicator. It was also a cold, hard BFN. (I did later find out that those tests are 50 miu in Canada, though... maybe that's all it was?)

So, I tried testing this morning again around 6:30am (went to bed around 10pm last night) and it was BFN on the same drug store brand that gave me the BFP the day before.

AF still hasn't arrived yet and I have had some odd symptoms lately but not sure I'd chalk any of that up to being pregnant and think I'm mostly trying to convince myself that I am pregnant so trying not to read into it.

Anyone else experience this and wind up with a BFP after all? I'm just so confused - it's the first time I've ever received a BFP and what a roller coaster the last two days have been now because of it!!

Thanks, ladies!!
*baby dust to all* :)

I'd wait a couple days and retest. If you are late then you should be able to get a pretty clear positive.

Thanks! It's so hard waiting! :(

If AF doesn't rear her ugly head tomorrow, I'll test again in the morning.

While I impatiently wait to test in the morning, was wondering if anyone would mind sharing their thoughts/experience on this?

I haven’t been symptom spotting much but the last couple of days I’ve been having horrible bouts of headaches and light headedness! Today was by far the worst. I was so dizzy and light headed after walking a few blocks and I’ve felt awfully nauseous. I had eaten and don’t tend to get quite that bad if my sugar drops.

Anyone else experience this early on?

I’m at CD 36 (longest since 2016!) and roughly 18DPO.

Well, still no AF on CD37 and BFN again this morning. Starting to think that BFP was just a fluke! :(

I felt very very dizzy for just 1 day when I was 4 weeks pregnant. I had to lay down in the end because I felt that bad. Also had queezyness on and off since I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks 3 days.
Some days it's a lot worse than others. My other symptoms are sore tender swollen boobies. Darker nipples and vains in boobies.
Hope this helps
not sure regarding the tests. I've had 2 chemicals and with them I got a faint positive and I tested the next day and was even fainter so tested again the next day and it was negative. But around the time my AF was due. Maybe about 3 or 4 days late I started bleeding.
I hope this isn't the case for you and that ure tests just are not picking up yet. I have read you can get a false negative and with some ladies it takes a while to get a BFP even up to a week past there AF.
Sorry about all the confusion I know how horrible it is.
Maybe give it a few more days and if u still haven't come on may be see ure Dr. They will probably do bloods.
Wishing the best of luck and just so sorry ure going through this confusion.

Thanks so much, ladies!

Still no sign of AF at CD40. Such a weird cycle!! :shrug:

I'm holding off on testing again until the weekend if the :witch: doesn't show up! :)

Ok I've got it all crossed for you hon

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately, :witch: showed up today, so I'm out! Wondering if I had a chemical to cause that positive? But I would have guessed I would have had the witch show up a bit sooner... ah well. Maybe next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->