BFP getting lighter?!?

ZombieKitten

Mama of 4
Reaction score
So last night at about 4pm, I got my :bfp: at what I believe is 14DPO. I took two IC's and this is what they looked like at first:
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/IMG_3089_zpsfe2da670.jpg

But this morning I took another ic with fmu, and it's still :bfp: however the line appears much much lighter:
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/bfps_zps2eecc0a6.jpg

And here is a picture well after 10 minutes:
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/lighter_zpsc102a4a5.jpg

I know there are a ton of very negative explainations for this, but here are some of the positive factors that gives me hope: I didn't have much for fmu, I got up a couple times during the night to use the bathroom and I only really got 5 hours of sleep, my actual date of conception is unknown, perhaps I'm not as far along as I think I am, and of course cheapies will be cheapies

To keep what I have left of my sanity, I think I'll be holding off from further testing until Monday, and I'll buy a digi, but for now... am I giving myself false hope? Or am I overthinking things?

KMFX for a sticky bean!

UPDATE!!
Went out and bought a digi today! :happydance:
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/IMG_4179_zpse49bb9b2.jpg

My ic's did the same thing for around a week before they started getting darker. They all started off very light and got darker after around 10 mins. I was at least 5w before the test line was as dark as the control line :)

I got darker tests with evening pee that the next day FMU, so it is most probably fine. I would continue to test at night and leave out the mornings, that way you will get a better idea of progression X

That makes me feel a lot better! Thanks ladies!! I'll definitely keep you all updated

Some women have more concentrated urine in the evening rather then morning. Have you tested after tea again?

Some women have more concentrated urine in the evening rather then morning. Have you tested after tea again?

I have not tested again yet as it's only 1:00pm where I live and I took the fmu test around 9:00am... I think I'll hold off until later this evening :)

I've had a horrible time with those cheapie strips. I took them daily from around 14 dpo (barely positive, but frer was as dark as test line already at that point and I was getting 2-3 on cbd). They took forever to start getting darker, and they would get lighter and darker daily, freaking me out. The lines still weren't as dark as each other at 6w, and again seemed lighter the day of my first scan (measured on time and saw baby / heartbeat)- so all was fine then. I took another randomly at 7w, and they seem much lighter (although the line showed up much faster than it had before). I'll know in less than a week if things are still going normally, but I don't have any reason to think otherwise.

Definitely get a digital test. I've had so much hassle with cheapies. Not worth it.

I had issues with the ic tests. My tests were also not really darkening with my son but I got a frer and tested and the line was much much darker on that. So I would get better quality tests before you stress over no progression. Congrats!

My fmu tests were always lighter than my day before afternoon tests. I wouldn't worry!

Just go digital hun I did one ic then went straight for a digi it said pregnant 1-2 and that was at 12 dpo by 14 dpo the digi said pregnant 2-3 they really are lots better no need to worry about the lines

Emma

I don't know if this helps but I had a very faint BFP on ICs for the last few days which were getting lighter but today at 18DPO it has finally started getting darker :)

Went out and bought a digi today! :happydance:
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/IMG_4179_zpse49bb9b2.jpg

Congrats! That always makes things seem more real!

Congrats!!! Mine were darker in the evening no matter what brand. What ic's are you using? I used wondfos and they really varied. I would take 2 with the same urine and they would be different! They took a very long time to darken. I got a pod at 9 dpo and it prob wasn't til 18 dpo that it was as dark as the control! And the first few days it really really depended on the concentration of my urine, if it wasn't super concentrated it would be lighter than the previous day!

Congrats!!! Mine were darker in the evening no matter what brand. What ic's are you using? I used wondfos and they really varied. I would take 2 with the same urine and they would be different! They took a very long time to darken. I got a pod at 9 dpo and it prob wasn't til 18 dpo that it was as dark as the control! And the first few days it really really depended on the concentration of my urine, if it wasn't super concentrated it would be lighter than the previous day!

I'm not sure what brand they are... I think it's in Chinese to be honest with you lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->