BFP in the middle of what I thought was AF. Please help!!

SteadFast

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I am looking for some opinions as to what is going on.
My cycle is always 26-27 days long and I usually have heavy periods with clots.
This is a recap of my past 9 days:
7/16: period was due, it never showed
7/17: period 1 day late, still never showed
7/18: period 2 days late, I had some extremely light spotting (only when wiping), I took a FRER at 4:30 PM=BFN
7/19: I began spotting
7/20: I had some very, very light spotting (lighter than yesterday)
7/21: I had some spotting
7/22: period seemed to begin (flow was lighter than my usual periods but more than just spotting)
7/23: light flow, FRER at 10:30 PM: BFP (very faint but definitely visible)
7/24: I had some extremely light spotting

What is going on? Any ideas? Has anyone else ever had something like this happen?

If you've had a BFP it could be implantation bleeding which is usually spotting/v. light and can last a few days. The only other alternative is a chemical. Fingers crossed for you that it's implantation though. I would test again in another day or two (assuming you still haven't had a full flow).

Fingers crossed and good luck.

Thank you for the info and advice Tangrang :)
It's so hard to know what amount is considered spotting/very light due to the fact that periods can be so different (length, flow, etc.) from woman to woman. It seems to be very light for me personally compared to my usual period.
From what I have read, it seems like it was heavier than what other woman who had IB described. But at the same time, it was definitely not heavy enough or long enough to be considered a period. The not knowing is so hard!!!

It's possible you could be having a miscarriage very early on, or your baby could be fine, but you should go to the doctor immediately and find out what is going on.

I am going to test again tomorrow and if still BFP I will make an appointment with my Dr. Thanks!

Best of luck, hoping for positive news xx

Some people do bleed in early pregnancy so it might well not be anything to worry about, I'd wait see if you have more bleeding and take another test and see is still there and if its got darker.

Good luck x

Wow, that is similar to what happened to me. AF was due 7/20 and didn't show until 7/22. It was very light. I mean light enought that I only needed to wear a liner. I poas and BFN. Then on 7/23 & 7/24 I only spotted and now nothing today. Do you think I should re-test?:confused:

Wow, that is similar to what happened to me. AF was due 7/20 and didn't show until 7/22. It was very light. I mean light enought that I only needed to wear a liner. I poas and BFN. Then on 7/23 & 7/24 I only spotted and now nothing today. Do you think I should re-test?:confused:

Yeah I definitely think you should re-test. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->