BFP on Thanksgiving :) but husband acting weird

biscuits104

Reaction score
This will be our first baby and although we have been actively trying he doesn't seem excited, and just keeps saying how "weird" it is. It's really breaking my heart...anyone else experience this? We tell each other everything, but I feel a tiny bit alienated from him since we found out. :cry::cry::cry: I just want "us" to be excited (I am very happy...but could be happier if he would come around to the idea).

This will be our first baby and although we have been actively trying he doesn't seem excited, and just keeps saying how "weird" it is. It's really breaking my heart...anyone else experience this? We tell each other everything, but I feel a tiny bit alienated from him since we found out. :cry::cry::cry: I just want "us" to be excited (I am very happy...but could be happier if he would come around to the idea).

First CONGRATS!!:happydance: Maybe he is trying to get adjusted to the idea of having a baby since it has been just the two of you. Also maybe he didnt think it would happen so quickly. Have a chat with him and make your feelings and expectations known so that their is no resentment. Im sure in time he will come around, and be ever so happy about the new baby to be. Praying for ya!:hugs:

I agree with mrskcbrown that your hubs is probably still trying to adjust and gather his feelings. I found out that I'm expecting my second on the 21st and it really hasn't hit me yet. Wait until you have your first ultrasound and see your little peanut on the monitor :) Congratulations, try not to worry too much! :)

First CONGRATS!!:happydance: Maybe he is trying to get adjusted to the idea of having a baby since it has been just the two of you. Also maybe he didnt think it would happen so quickly. Have a chat with him and make your feelings and expectations known so that their is no resentment. Im sure in time he will come around, and be ever so happy about the new baby to be. Praying for ya!:hugs:

This was the sweetest reply, thank you so much! I take the little internet cheapie tests every day to make sure the line is getting darker (because I'm not having any symptoms yet), and I left one on the counter in the bathroom...he came out later and told me that he was very excited, and nervous. I feel much better now! Thank you again for the sweet words. :hugs:

Hi when I was expecting my son my OH didn't really get "excited" until our 20 week scan! He couldn't get time off work for our first scan and to look at me you wouldn't think I was pregnant, no sickness etc so I don't think it really hit him until he saw that scan!

Glad to hear your OH has told you he's excited I guess it just takes men a little longer to adjust. Congrats hun!x

Hi when I was expecting my son my OH didn't really get "excited" until our 20 week scan! He couldn't get time off work for our first scan and to look at me you wouldn't think I was pregnant, no sickness etc so I don't think it really hit him until he saw that scan!

Glad to hear your OH has told you he's excited I guess it just takes men a little longer to adjust. Congrats hun!x

Awwww, that's so sweet. I guess it is probably pretty weird for guys...they really don't do a whole lot for the first 9 months. :haha: Thanks so much :hugs:

This was the sweetest reply, thank you so much! I take the little internet cheapie tests every day to make sure the line is getting darker (because I'm not having any symptoms yet), and I left one on the counter in the bathroom...he came out later and told me that he was very excited, and nervous. I feel much better now! Thank you again for the sweet words. :hugs:

No problem! Prayer works. I'm glad he is excited. Take care of yourself:)

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"