bfp supposed to be so dark this early?

N27murray

Reaction score
Hi ladies

this is my first post in a pregnancy forum. I was wondering if it means anything that my bfp was so strong.

I've been reading online that a bfp within a day or two of AF is usually pretty faint. Well I tested the day before AF was due on a frer and got a dark line (it was as dark as the control line)! Then on the next day (day AF was due), I used a blue dye test and the super strong bfp showed up before the control line even did.

I've been reading this could possibly be a sign of twins or maybe its nothing. This is my first pregnancy and so this is just the first of many questions I know I'm sure to have.

thank you in advance for taking the time to share your ideas and wisdom with me :)

Hi

I had a really strong line day after AF was due, I've had an early scan and they only saw one (unless the other was hiding! :-0)

I only had to wait about 3 seconds for the result to come up too. Literally put it down, pulled my underbits up and it was there. I thought I had wasted £6 as I didn't really pee on it for long either as I didn't need to go!!

Just think it means you've got a nice, decent load of hormone !! :)

Thanks for your response :)
yeah I hardly peed on the frer also because I didn't really have to go lol.

ok so I guess my hcg is just good and plentiful then :)

Hi N27, welcome to 1st trimester! You might even be further on than me but I remember chatting to you when we were both in TTC, how far along are you?

I'm 6 weeks 4 days, no major symptoms other than sore boobs. Occassional waves of nausea but mostly just feeling bleh.

I had the exact same thing happen and I'm hoping it doesn't mean twins! They run in my family.

Nope I had a positive at 11 DPO with my twins and now two singleton pregnancies have been 8DPO. Doesn't mean twins if it's dark or early.

Hi N27, welcome to 1st trimester! You might even be further on than me but I remember chatting to you when we were both in TTC, how far along are you?

I'm 6 weeks 4 days, no major symptoms other than sore boobs. Occassional waves of nausea but mostly just feeling bleh.

I had the exact same thing happen and I'm hoping it doesn't mean twins! They run in my family.

hi :) congrats

I'm 4 and a half weeks. I only found out on Saturday. Dr appointment is Friday morning.

my biggest symptom is sore nipples...never had that before so it was a huge flag that something was up. We conceived on the cycle where we weren't trying due to being distracted and busy over holidays.

h&h nine months :)

Congratulations N27! Thats so exciting. I had the same thing with my hpt. My positive line was darker than the control line! Then I took another one two days later and the positive line was actually darker than the control (how does that happen!). I thought I was only about 3 weeks along but turns out I was 5 weeks along. I had a good HCG level and ultrasound only showed one baby. So I think it just depends. You'll know more in your first scan :)

The test line showed before the control line and was darker than the control at 11dpo with Thomas (2 days before period was due). Then with Sophie it wasn't that dark until 16dpo. I don't think it means anything other than my HCG was higher with Thomas. HCG seems kinda random!

The test line showed before the control line and was darker than the control at 11dpo with Thomas (2 days before period was due). Then with Sophie it wasn't that dark until 16dpo. I don't think it means anything other than my HCG was higher with Thomas. HCG seems kinda random!

I totally agree! HCG levels can be all over the place and still considered normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->