bfp with clear blue digi but bleding on day of expected af... please help!

yellow610

Reaction score
Friday morning I took a clearblue digi test and it said pregnant. I was in disbelief so I went to the store in the afternoon and bought more of the same test. I took it again at around 3pm and it said pregnant. Now I believed it. told dh, mom and dad...but last night I wiped and saw brown.. and its continued since this morning. There's red there also a little on the pad.

Today is the day I am expecting af. What is this???

I looked up false positives for clear blue digital and a million people are complaining that they have received false positives. I am just sitting here waiting to see what this is, but my gut is telling me this is my period.

I still have one test left, but i feel like i should either wait a couple days to take it or buy another brand. But I'm scared to see different results, if you know what I mean. :cry:

Has anyone experienced this or know or anyone that experienced this??

Hi Sometimes you can bleed when the baby implants itself into the uterus here i hope this helps:

Implantation bleeding -

What is implantation bleeding?

Implantation bleeding occurs when a fertilised egg attaches itself to the wall of the womb.

During implantation the tissue surrounding the fertilised egg burrows into the endometrium (the lining of the uterus), forming links with the mother's blood supply and body tissue that will gradually develop into the baby's lifeline for the next 9 months, the placenta. It is during the attachment process that a small amount of blood may be released.

What does implantation bleeding look like?

Most women report experiencing implantation bleeding as light spotting that's either light pink or brown in colour. Unlike menstruation it tends only to appear over a period of one - three days and is usually intermittent rather than a regular flow that becomes heavier over time.

When does it occur?

Implantation bleeding tends to occur before menstruation is expected, this is usually between six and twelve days after ovulation. Most women experience menstruation approximately 14 days after ovulation however this will depend on your individual cycle.

How common is implantation bleeding?

Contrary to popular belief, not all women experience implantation bleeding. In fact, it's thought that only a third of women experience this phenomenon. However, because of the similarity of implantation bleeding to the early stages of menstruation it is possible that some women simply miss its occurrence. That said, if you're trying for a baby it is also very easy to misread menstrual spotting as implantation bleeding. For this reason, while early spotting can be an indicator of pregnancy it's always best to wait to test
until after the date your period was due.

How to spot implantation bleeding

While there is no way of being 100% sure whether spotting is an implantation bleed until you have missed a period there are a couple of useful indicators that can help you check.
Appearance - Implantation bleeding tends to be a lighter pink/brown colour rather than the dark red that's usual for menstrual blood.

Timing - If you conceive you will experience implantation bleeding before your period is due, usually around 9 days after you ovulate.

Duration - Implantation bleeding tends only to last for a day or two and occurs intermittently.

Heaviness - Unlike the progressively heavy flow of a menstrual period, implantation bleeding tends only to occur as light spotting or coloured discharge.

I hope all is well and congratulations.
x

Thank you for this info but I dont think its implantation bleeding because some of it is bright red and today I'm expected af. I'm reading the interent frantically... this really sucks..

I hope the bleeding stops hun.

Can you be pregnant and still have a period?
To start with, always remember that pregnancy and periods can never go along simultaneously. If you are indeed pregnant, technically, you cannot get your periods. Missing your period is actually the first sign of pregnancy. Bleeding in early pregnancy is a common occurrence, but this does not signal a true menstrual cycle. You must realize that the hormones that are active during pregnancy totally prevent ovulation. As we know, ovulation is the time in your cycle when the egg is released into the uterus and women experience menstrual bleeding. Since the egg in pregnant women is already fertilized, ovulation does not occur and hence no bleeding.

Early Pregnancy Bleeding
However, it is not uncommon to find that many women do report getting what seem like regular periods during early pregnancy. The bleeding that pregnant women complain about though is not truly a menstrual period. It can be called as early pregnancy bleeding. The perception of having a menstrual period (or more than one) in early pregnancy can confuse the due date and delay some pregnant women from seeking appropriate and timely medical care. In instances where a couple is unaware that they are expecting, it can be particularly emotionally challenging to find out about the pregnancy at the same time they are told that the bleeding might signal a problem.

It can be hard to calculate your date of delivery when you aren’t sure which period was the true last menses. A number of timing issues can help provide a ballpark estimate of when conception took place. Pay attention to these dates for help – when did you have unprotected intercourse, when did the pregnancy test turned positive (especially if there were some negative results before the positive one), and when you first noticed symptoms of pregnancy (such as breast tenderness or nausea). An ultrasound is the best technique to determine the baby’s due date if you are not sure about one or more of these dates.

Identifying the due date is quite important in prenatal care, since some tests, like the triple check, are standardized by the exact number of weeks of gestation. In addition, most couples as well as their practitioner want to have some idea of when to expect the baby. Here are some explanations for what may seem like regular menstrual flow when you are pregnant.
Implantation bleeding
Many mothers-to-be get a few days of bleeding right around the time that the early embryo is implanting into the wall of the uterus. Generally, this occurs five days after conception and may be confused with an early period. This implantation bleeding is normal and is not a sign of any problem with the pregnancy.

If you have irregular periods or have not kept track of your cycles, you can easily confuse this bleeding with a menstrual period. If it is counted as a menstrual period, this can lead to a mistakenly later due date. In reality the last period from which the due date should be calculated would be the one prior to the implantation bleeding.
I no leeanne coverd most of this but i hope it reasures you book appointment with early pregnancy clinic im sure your be fine :)x x

https://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/valentinesdaytext/2011/01/03/1ef5b927a487153089d31ff2fc046f34.gif

:sex: :hug: :spermy: :dust: :baby: :laundry: :test:

https://davf.daisypath.com/QbRl.png

https://lt1f.lilypie.com/qmZP.png

Mia Angel Fertility spell cast -28/11/10

Hey Chickadee, bleeding in early pregnancy is completely normal :hugs:

Sometimes if your hormone level isn't high enough you may get some breakthrough bleeding, it isn't anything to worry about but I would go and see the doctor just to get checked out :hugs:

pookied... thanks so much for this info.. Do you think that you would test positive though befor implantation or implantation bleeding? ughgh I thought that was supposed to look more like old blood.

I couldn't control myself and took the last clear blue digi and it says pregnant. How possible is it for 3 false positives?? The reviews on amazon for this test is unreal. So many women saying they got multiple false positives with this test.

Here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Easy-Digital-Pregnancy-Test/product-reviews/B0000B11WE

I please try not to worry. I was a week late before I got a positive bfp. I started bleeding brown blood (noticeable when I wiped) at 5 weeks into pregnancy. (I ovulate late). I had a scan and it was just the sack as too early on. Had another scan at 6 weeks and I saw a heartbeat. The EPAU gave me the diagnosis that it was either old blood or implantation even though I was 5 weeks and 4 days at first scan.

I continued to bleed for 6 days in total but only brown blood and no red or clots.

I am sure its perfectly natural but you worry all the same. Hopefully its just the egg burrowing deeper into your uterus and its a good sign.

xxx

I bleed on and off till i was 12 weeks pregnant and i have a healthy boy who is now 17months old. Not all bleeding is bad news. Stay calm and try not to worry about it (easier said then done i know) ive been there and yes its frightening every time you wipe and see bright red blood you think its over, but in my case it wasn't.

BTW don't keep wasting tests if its positive then there all gonna say the same and if the worst is happening you still have HGC hormone in your body for days even weeks after a M/C so its pointless using them to see if your still pregnant. Just rest up and take care.

Good luck hunni. xxx

If I were you I would buy a different brand of pregnancy test and re-test with that......
goodluck FX'd for you
x

thanks again everyone.. im just going to rest up and buy another test in a couple days.. also make an appointment with the gyn.

it is possible to have an AF type bleed each month around the time AF would be due although it is rare.

My mum didn't find out she was expecting me until she was 6 months gone as each month she had what she thought was her normal period, same amount of flow, same colour etc... so although it wasn't an actual period she couldn't tell the difference....

When I was expecting my last child I had a tiny bleed at 9 weeks, went to the EPAU after talking to my midwife and a scan showed a dark area under my womb, I was told that I would have a period style bleed at some point. 2 weeks later I had a lighter than normal AF type bleed then had another at 6 months, my son is now 6 and a half.

If you are worried speak to your doctor but bleeding during early pregnancy can be fairly common and nothing to worry about. If you start cramping bad or bleeding heavy please see your doctor.

Goodluck hun, try not to worry too much :hug:

bleeding is more like spotting now, cramps are less and took an ept and there was a faint blue cross , so im feeling a bit better. Thanks so much for taking the time to write xoxoxoxo

Hi hun,
My AF was due on 19/1 and on that day I had some spotting, only when I wiped. It started off as bright red, then a paler brown.
I got a faint BFP on 21/1 and took another test today which was much stronger.
Good luck hun, hope it all works out.

Thanks for the reassurance Sarah... good luck to you too!

i would say test with a pink test not one with blue ink hun! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->