BG V3s or V4s?

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm pretty new to cloth and only bought a few nappies to see if I would get on ok with it. Well I'm pretty sure that I'm ready to stock up and give it a proper try - :happydance:. I much prefer putting LO in a cloth bum than a disposable (they stick to his bum :()

My question is

BGs V3 are my favourites - in fact I think I want to get rid of my itti and my fuzzy bunz (only have one of each) and stock up on BGs. Should I try to stock up on V3s or V4s.

V3s are cheaper but from what I can gather I can only get limited colours as they are flying of the shelves and V4s aren't available until mid-July. I really want to be a full time cloth mummy now!! What to do?

Also what is the best way of dealing with BF poos on fleece liners? I shower them off at the moment but DH is finding it a bit gross - lol!!

Also if I love BGs what other nappies will I love?? I hate my flip!
xx

The ebay cheapies are like bgs.

I would get the v4s just because I hate the velcro on the v3s

The new BGV4 colours are grossssssss. Have you looked at Bumgenius organics? they are popper fastening, or FLIPS? x

The new BGV4 colours are grossssssss. Have you looked at Bumgenius organics? they are popper fastening, or FLIPS? x

I know - I prefer the bright colours too! Look forward to when they release prints and brights, but I need some now as I'd really like to ditch the disposable!

I've tried a flip and both me and DH hate it - maybe I'm not doing right. I think pockets are my favourites.

I couldn't get a good fit on DS with ittis either! :( He leaked right out of the leg with it. I love the look of the ittis, but I just don't think they are for me. They also take quite a lot longer to dry that the BGs. Its ok now with the warm weather but won't be as practical in the winter as we don't use our tumble dryer. I don't think I like bamboo!

x

I've just been googling on ebay and found 5 BG3s for £55 - which I think is very reasonable.

What is the problem with the elastic in V3s. I don't want to get these if the 4s are much better?!

x

it still make it £11 each tbh your better off getting from a reputable retailer as you get a 12 month guarantee. retailers are not allowed to sell on ebay so these will 2nd hand.

the elastic thingy is being able to replace it for baby #2>

if you struggled with the flip this might help:
Bumgenius Flip system

it still make it £11 each tbh your better off getting from a reputable retailer as you get a 12 month guarantee. retailers are not allowed to sell on ebay so these will 2nd hand.

the elastic thingy is being able to replace it for baby #2>

if you struggled with the flip this might help:
Bumgenius Flip system

Thanks Littlestar - I've stupidly ordered them already. I hope they're ok.

I tried to order some from other websites and most of the colours were out of stock.

I think I've got enough V3s now and will see what the 2 V4s are like that I have ordered.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"