Bianka Rose 25/11/2009 - Induction turned C-section

Szaffi

Reaction score
Finally I have got around to post the birth story of our daughter, Bianka Rose.

On the 23rd of November, which was my due date, I had a monitoring scheduled at the hospital. We went in with DH, and as I was laying there, looking at the heart monitor, I told him that something didn't look right. My suspicion was confirmed when the nurse left me on the monitor for an extra half hour and then told us that she talked to our doctor and we need to come in for an induction the next day. I called my gynecologist and she said that the heart-beat pattern indicated that the baby was in stress, but she didn't know why.

So after a very restless night, we went to the hospital on the 24th at 14.00 pm. We were shown into a labour room, and after a quick examination (I was only 0.5 cm dilated!!!) they came in with the epidural. They said that they want to put it in before starting the drip, so i Bubz reacts badly, I could be rolled into C-section immediately. This was a bit of a surprise, as I didn't expect that. The epi was scary, but painless. They started the first drip and left us there with hubby. We sat around for an hour when they came back to check again; this time they broke my waters, which kept flowing and flowing... They put an internal monitor on the baby's head and started me on the oxytocin drip (I was 3 cm dilated at this point and it was about 6 o'clock). A new pair of midwife's came on shift, replacing the really nice and experienced midwife we had before. They tried to get me into different positions so that I would dilate better. Instead, they managed to criss-cross the wires around me :dohh: So I went on all fours, sitting, etc., but nothing happened, though I started to feel the contractions, they were pretty painful even with the epidural.

My gynecologist checked in every 2 hours or so. Around midnight, I was still only 3 cm dilated, at which point she said that there is no point in waiting anymore, and we'll do a C-section. They started to prepare me straight away. At this point I was shaking from the stress, not eating or drinking all afternoon and the tiredness. I started to cry. In 15 mins, I was in the operating room, luckily hubby was allowed in after he changed into scrubs. We were both pretty numb. It was really strange sensation to be operated on, I felt as they pulled the baby out. I didn't hear a cry, and OH ran off to see what's going on with her. I was left there worried, until I asked one of the MW's to go check on her for me. She came back saying that it's a beautiful girl. Finally OH came back with the baby and tried to put her on my chest, while the doctors were still sewing me up.

She was born at 01.07 am on the 25th November with 3475 g and 50 cm. Apparently she had the cord wrapped around her neck multiple times and she couldn't descend into the birth canal.

Finally when I was all sewn up, they left us alone in a little room, where I could finally hold my baby. We were both very smitten by her immediately. It was a less than perfect birth, but finally, all that matters is that Bianka made it out safely and healthy. :happydance:

This is our first moment:

and some more pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/natianddan/Bianka2Weeks#

Attachments

• Bianka 008pici.jpg
    Bianka 008pici.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 23
congrats on your beautiful daughter! xoxo

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Really glad to hear you're both OK xxx

OMG she is beautiful!! Amazing pics you've got!! You must be so proud!! :)

Thanks :) She is really pretty. Also, my brother is a really good photographer - we were lucky to have him visit so early (he lives very far away)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->