Big baby C-section

My situation is not exactly the same as yours, but my experience might be useful:

I had my baby at 40+1 by emergency c section due to her size. Had growth scans all the way through, which all indicated a baby of around 8lb birthweight. Spent 2 days in labour, got to 9cm and then went backwards due to swelling of the cervix. She was back-to-back, and her head was too large to get through my pelvis. She was 10lb 2oz. I did not have GD or any other risk factor for a large baby. I am small and my husband is average size. It may be rare that a woman makes a baby too big for her to birth vaginally but I am living proof that it DOES happen.

I absolutely don't want to be one of those women who goes around telling 'horror stories', and I was and still am devastated that I couldn't have the birth I dreamed of...but if I had insisted on continuing to try and deliver vaginally my baby would most likely not be here today, and I may have sustained serious birth injuries. I'm waiting for a debrief that will explain my labour notes line by line, and hopefully go someway to explaining why the growth scans underestimated my baby's weight by 2lb.

Please do message me if you want to talk more.

For anyone who had an elective c section due to a large baby: when was it scheduled? I am measuring 2.5 weeks larger than I should be already at 29.5 weeks. I have to wait till December 8 to find out when my csection will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->