Big baby movements

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
Maybe it's just because this is my first, but my little baby's movements freak me out quite a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's moving and in a way it does make me feel more secure to know he's alright, but I cannot seem to get used to it.

For the last few weeks the movements have been a lot bigger and lots more 'pushing' than kicking. The other night he must've been doing it while I was asleep, because I kept having nightmares that his hand was pushing so far out I could see it, fingernails and all. Then I dreamt he pushed and kicked so much that he fell out and I had to try and get him back in! They're more nightmare-ish dreams than weird, and I wake up very upset usually.
Everytime he pushes or kicks hard, it makes me jump, so I'm often on edge not sure when the next one will come. Also, I'm only 31 weeks so presumably the pushes are only going to get bigger!! I'm a bit scared...

Does anyone else feel like this? Just want to know I'm not the only one really :wacko:

I feel like that too...sometimes I even jump when she kicks...and I am almost 28 weeks, I am nervous to to know what it will be like at 38 weeks!

btw, very interesting dreams...I once had one where her whole face was poking out and I could see all the outlines...it was weird

I found that movements sort of get smaller nearer the end, as baby doesn't have much room to move! At 30 weeks your baby is still going to have plenty of room for flipping and stuff :haha:

i remember having a dream once where i was actually shaking my babies hand through my skin... weird!!

i don't know if i've just got used to it but i don't think her movements are that much more intense since 30ish weeks... she does still catch me by surprise sometimes though and I'm sure she's trying to escape out of my side - i keep trying to tell her the way out is down!

i remember having a dream once where i was actually shaking my babies hand through my skin... weird!!

i don't know if i've just got used to it but i don't think her movements are that much more intense since 30ish weeks... she does still catch me by surprise sometimes though and I'm sure she's trying to escape out of my side - i keep trying to tell her the way out is down!

YES! That's exactly what happened in my dream, he grabbed my finger with his hand, and was just sort of holding on, through the skin. So so weird..

i find the big movements weird too. It feels like the baby is stretching or trying to get out! i also find lots of little movements quite annoying though, they seem to go on for ages. All i can say is the movements become more pronounced the bigger you get!

I know how you feel! I'm 29 weeks and the movements have definitely got stronger and as much as that reassures me no end...it also makes me feel a bit uneasy and sick... X

Maybe it's just because this is my first, but my little baby's movements freak me out quite a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's moving and in a way it does make me feel more secure to know he's alright, but I cannot seem to get used to it.

For the last few weeks the movements have been a lot bigger and lots more 'pushing' than kicking. The other night he must've been doing it while I was asleep, because I kept having nightmares that his hand was pushing so far out I could see it, fingernails and all. Then I dreamt he pushed and kicked so much that he fell out and I had to try and get him back in! They're more nightmare-ish dreams than weird, and I wake up very upset usually.
Everytime he pushes or kicks hard, it makes me jump, so I'm often on edge not sure when the next one will come. Also, I'm only 31 weeks so presumably the pushes are only going to get bigger!! I'm a bit scared...

Does anyone else feel like this? Just want to know I'm not the only one really :wacko:

Oh my days! I could have written this myself.
Yesterday I had a late afternoon snooze on the recliner and had a dream that my baby was pushing and moving so much that she fell out into my arms. SHe was clean and staring wide-eyed at me but somehow the placenta was still attached.

I was supposed to go out for a friend's bbq but was feeling so lazy. that dream did the trick. i was out of the house in 30minutes - talk about being freaked out:haha:

I can't believe how much my baby still moves even at nearly 38 weeks! She makes my whole belly move and shake with her squirming around. I was training the woman who's going to be filling in for me during maternity leave and I felt like she kept being distracted by my belly because it kept moving lol.

I've had one of those freaky baby dreams too! I dreamt that baby's whole head was sticking out of my belly and my skin was clear so I could see her face lol. Then I had to push it back in because I thought she was going to fall out!

For me at 38 wks, it's not so much movements as bulges! They are incredible... And many times painful. Can't wait til baby is out. Good luck

I enjoy baby moving all the time..im sure itll be weird when babys bigger:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->