Big baby

sept2010

Mummy and expecting
Reaction score
Anyone breastfeeding/fed a big baby?
LO2 was born at 7lb 14oz and now at 6 weeks is 11lbs.
She is also on the 91st centile for length so shes growing quite evenly!
My first was born at 6lb 14oz but stayed on the 25th centile for weight
I can definately tell the difference. I always need to eat every 2-3hrs or i feel jittery...
Anyone else in the same boat? Or been there before? How long did you bf your lo's?

Yep. Lg was 8lb 12 oz at birth. Was and still is on 91st percentile. She now weighs about 15lbs. She still feeds every two hours on average. I am told by doctors and health visitors that this is too often at this age and I should try and space it out. Every where I have read though says it's normal. I am still breast feeding because I do enjoy the closeness of it but I have nearly given up several times because I feel like all I am doing is feeding. I find she does go longer between feeds if we are out and about though. Night time she goes any where between 2 and 4 hrs. Twice she went seven hours at night. The day feedings are hard work. The nights are very random lol. But your little one is even younger than mine so I'd say its perfectly normal. Mine cluster fed until she was about 9 weeks old.

Sorry just seen you said that you eat every 2-3 hrs not lo. Yes since bf I am always hungry.

We are over 20lb already at 20 weeks, he started out at 7lb 3oz. I don't feel any hungrier though.

My lo eats every 2-3hrs too... At night she can go between 2-4hrs once did about 5hrs.

My 11mo is now 20lb and still feed every 2-3 hours 3-5 hours at night.

My LO was born 10 lbs 13 oz and was 20 lbs at his 6 month weigh-in. He is EBF. We started solids at 6 months, but he barely eats solids.

I have nothing to compare it to, as he is my first. But everything has been pretty textbook normal. He feeds on demand, which ends up being every 3-4 hours and only feeds for 5-10 minutes. I haven't been any hungrier, but I have lost a lot of weight!

My LO was born at 8lbs7oz and has always been around 80th percentile for weight. I didn't notice that I was hungrier than normal, but definitely more thirsty!

She fed pretty much constantly for the first 6 months and she still nurses 3-4 times per day now (she's 2). She currently weighs 28lbs.

My eldest was on the 75-91st, he fed 2-4 hourly in HUD first 6 months, 2 hourly just before weaning at 6 months. My youngest is 50-75th and barely feeds at all, we're having feeding issues, I think if we didn't he would be near the 91st too, I can't believe how much he puts on with the amount he feeds, he's obviously efficient.

DS1 drained me, I lost A LOT of weight feeding him.

Mine was 10lb 2oz and regained birth weight by day 10. She is cluster feeding for up to three hours at a time but will sleep for up to six hour stretches after cluster feeds.

Mine are born smallish (7-7.5lbs) but gain quickly. Usually around a pound a week especially at first. I definitely eat loads more. I make a double batch of BF cookies every Sunday and eat them all myself for energy snacks too lol!

I ebf my lo for 5 months 3 weeks before introducing veggies and fruits.

He was 11lb 10oz at birth and just over 20lb at 6 months. He was a constant eater for the first few months but I think that was due to his reflux rather than just being big.

Mine are born smallish (7-7.5lbs) but gain quickly. Usually around a pound a week especially at first. I definitely eat loads more. I make a double batch of BF cookies every Sunday and eat them all myself for energy snacks too lol!

Bf cookies? Whats the recipe lol

Well i weighed myself 3 weeks ago and this week i weigh the same! Not losin anythin bt atleast not gaining! Lol

Bf cookies? Whats the recipe lol

I basically took this recipe and made it a bit healthier - less sugar and a smaller amount of coconut oil in place of the butter. I also add almond butter! But the brewers yeast and oats are good for lactation

https://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-lactation-cookies-by-noel-trujillo-192346

My smaller baby actually seemed to feed more - weird! She was 8lbs 7oz, and tracked the 75th centile. She continued nursing until earlier this year.

Arthur was 10lbs 5oz and tracked the 98th centile until he started crawling a lot around 8 months. He's always been a very efficient feeder, and from early on, feeds were short and only every 2 or 3 hours. He's 2 next month and still going.

I do eat loads! Especially when I was tandeming. I wake up hungry if I don't eat something filling before bed. Hopefully I can break the habit when I finally stop!

My son was born 7lb 3oz but gained a minimum a pound a week for the first 4 months. He caught up with much bigger babies very quickly. He is now 3yrs and still going :wacko:

Mine was 10lb 2oz and regained birth weight by day 10. She is cluster feeding for up to three hours at a time but will sleep for up to six hour stretches after cluster feeds.

Another 10lb 2oz baby here! He was 11lb 2oz at 2 weeks 6 days and tracking the 91st centile nicely. I am more hungry and craving sweets things x

He eats every 2-3 hours during the day, has a bit of a cluster feed in the evening but can go a good spell without a feed during the night x

DS2 was 9lb at birth and I don't even think he lost weight as he had already gained more at 1 week! He was pretty much on the 97th percentile and is now over it. He fed 2 hourly probably for the first 2 months (maybe a longer stretch once each night) and then kept it up 2-3 hourly at least for a long time. He used to cat nap too which meant he fed more often but he was happy and healthy so I wasn't worried about enforcing any routine. He fed until over 2.

I don't know that he was that much different to his smaller big brother but I wasn't worried about if I was feeding him too much or if I wasn't doing this or that right. I just went with the flow and let him feed when he was hungry.

Wow I'm glad to read that quite a lot of you ladies have had bigger babies. When I had mine people were really annoying me at comments about their weight, especially when I told them I was bf, it's my husbands hes tall and broad shouldered! They still looked perfectly tiny to me.

Anyway getting back to the point, my daughter was 9lbs and my son was 10lbs, I found they both fed pretty often, more often than I was expecting but I just let nature take its course and it evened out in the end. I have lost weight with both, but starting out very overweight that was very good for me. Over the years bf has definitely help me shift some stubborn weight I was holding onto for years.

I do remember keeping biscuits and my water bottle by the side of me with both every time I nursed. I extended bf both too, still going with my son, but he'll probably wean soon due to me being pregnant, we'll have to wait and see.

I will be sure to make a note of that recipe too as they sound lovely, much healthier than shop bought too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->