big bum'd little girl lol! - clothes advice please

eldar

Mama to Wyn and Will
Reaction score
my pop-in nappy has arrived and I'm sooooo pleased! :happydance:

However I am most amused at how big a bum my little girl now has! :rofl: She's 13 weeks but so tiny it's still on it's smallest poppers so she was lots of extra fabric round her (hopefully this may help catch her more explosive moments!)

My question is....
What do you guys do about the big bum syndrome? Do you buy trousers a bigger size, as surely they will have far too big waists and long legs for her.

I can see her becoming more girly than we would have intended in the wearing of dresses with her pretty nappy colours on show and leg warmers on her legs!

Any pointers towards clothing designed to go over fluffy bums would be most helpful, hopefully it's not extra expensive.

to be honest I dont have any problems with his clothes fitting over his nappies, the only ones that can be a tiny problem are his larger night nappies but his vests still do up over them if I put one on him!
Hes 13lb+ 8weeks old and still WELL in his 0-3 month clothes, most of which only go up to 14/15lb in weight. They all fit fine.

i get audrey's vests from sainsburys - they're really slim, so even in a bigger size they fit her (she's in 3-6 months even though she only weighs 9lb 7oz !)

as far as trousers go, i only put her in stretchy pants, she really can't get in anything more solid (and i hate jeans, despite my SIL buying me loads...)

xx

:shrug: I have Dexter in his usual size.

Skirts/dresses and babylegs with a fluffy bum would be cuuuute btw :)

haha Monkeh i read that as you put Dexterin his usual skirts/dresses and baby legs i is silly.

Eldar I sometimes have to go up a size but then again my chunky lil man is a big boy but if in doubt then tights and thick dresses may help you with big bum syndrome x

Aimee fits normal sizes, although i did tend to put her in dresses and tights untill i got some slimmer fitting ones, now jeans etc fit lovely :)

Dom is in 6-9 month vests and t-shirts at the moment (he will be 7 months in a couple of days). With trousers I struggle to get 6-9 month jeans on over his nappies, but leggings and joggers are fine. Will have to dig out Harrisons old 9-12 month jeans tomorrow!

cheers all for the replies - I shall hope the normal sizes fit then but I think it may change the type or style of trousers I buy.

She's 3 months today and 13lbs but only just moving out of newborn clothing!

Pop ins are birth to potty so they do tend to be bulkier on smaller babies - so the clothing issue will be short lived at she gets bigger the nappies appear smaller as there's more baby for the nappy to cover (i think that makes sense)

if your worried you could alway try a fitted/sized nappy instead.

We use vest extenders to make vests longer, and Leyla wears a lot of tights or leggings. She's actually quite long so I just buy trousers in a size up. You can get clothes for cloth bums - www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk make some nice trousers, but I usually just make do!

ahhh good point about them fitting better as she grows - I don't mind the big bum, I think it's really cute!

Claire has always been on the bigger side so we had a problem with this too. Normally I just buy larger than what she needs, and go from there. In the winter it was a lot of sleepers as they fit over her cloth well, and in the summer she lives in skirts and dresses.

I also agree, BabyLegs and a fluffy bum are super cute! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->