Big for her age??

Novbaby08

Mom to Harley & Piper
Reaction score
ok, Harley is 6 and a half weeks old and I took her to the dr today and she weighed 12lbs 3oz. Is that big for her age?

No idea how mank kg's that is but each baby is different! As long as the doctor is happy I don't see any reason why it should matter :)

sounds about right to me babies can at one point be 'big' for their age and soon slow down and can then be 'small' vica versa i wouldnt worry about it x

Jasmine is 11lbs5oz now and her dr tried to tell me she ws too big because babies are only supposed to double their weight by 6 months... I think that is a load of crap! She doesnt look fat too me, and she was a small baby. I believe babies do alot of growing in the first couple months and then level off a bit.

Jasmine is 11lbs5oz now and her dr tried to tell me she ws too big because babies are only supposed to double their weight by 6 months... I think that is a load of crap! She doesnt look fat too me, and she was a small baby. I believe babies do alot of growing in the first couple months and then level off a bit.

yeah i think smaller babies tend to put alot of weight on in early months and catch up quickly they make up for being small and largher babies seem to stay at a steady pace

Well she was born 3 weeks early and was over 8lbs, so she was considered to be a big baby

wow ya, 8lbs is good for 3 weeks early! Jasmine was 6lbs 1oz and 1 week before her due date.

Thats hard to say, Carlee is small for her age, but what her doctors dont see is SHE LOVES HER FOOOD!!! Shes learning everything properly. So honestly tell the doctor to shove it unless they wanna do your job for a day then make a judgement.

and 12 pounds is 5.45kgs

its big compared to my baby but he was quite small at birth (6lb 8oz) lol....all babies are different so don't worry.xx

katie was 12lb2 at 7 weeks, so its not that big. i'm pretty sure it was bang on the 91st centile too. she was 9lb12 when she was born, but was 10days late. i do know babies tho that took 7 weeks to reach katie's birth weight! are you BFing? breast fed babies put on a lot of weight at first and then slow down, whereas FF babies put it on slowly then quickly xx

katie was 12lb2 at 7 weeks, so its not that big. i'm pretty sure it was bang on the 91st centile too. she was 9lb12 when she was born, but was 10days late. i do know babies tho that took 7 weeks to reach katie's birth weight! are you BFing? breast fed babies put on a lot of weight at first and then slow down, whereas FF babies put it on slowly then quickly xx

tbh i always thought it was he other way round? BF babies take over formula fed babies in the second half of their first year?

Renah was 8lbs 10oz and 2 weeks early. When I got her weighed for her 6 week appt she was 11lbs 7oz and she was just under "over average" on the scale. If you google babycenter growth charts you can put in her height and weight and head circumfrence and it tells you what percentile she's on.

i got archie weighed at 9weeks and he was 11lb 15oz but then he was only 6lb 10oz wen born so i would say thats about fine to me xx

She is a big baby, but 8lb at 3 weeks early is big! Caitlyn was 6lb15 and 2 weeks late, she still managed to get really overweight at one point, and now they are moaning she is too thin. You can't win!! She is happy and healthy and that's all that matters x

I've no idea how sam will go on. He's BF and barely lost an oz since he was born the greedy little tater!.

tbh i always thought it was he other way round? BF babies take over formula fed babies in the second half of their first year?

I think BF babies bulk up then even out. From what I've seen anyway. Caitlyn hasn't always been 100% breastfed so I can't use her as an example lol

Jasper 7 weeks and weighs 13.2 lbs.

Ultimately all babies are different, but it sounds perfect to me if I use Jasper as my only way of measuring whats 'normal'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->