big gush of fluid...not waters?

Jmommy

Reaction score
At about 11 today I had a big gush of fluid fill my panties. Then I felt like just a little bit here and there. We were out so decided to go in to L&D to get checked out. The dr said it's not my waters but didn't really give any explanation either. I'm just nervous and want to be sure everything is really fine with LO. also my bump is very squishy when it's usually rock hard all the time because I have High fluid levels.

Anyone have any similar experiences? Could it still be my waters? I'm absolutely sure the gush came from my vagina, not like urine and there was a small amount of creamy discharge with it.
I'm 37 weeks today. (Ticker is off a little)
Thanks for any input!

Hi huni. Didn't want to read & run as this all sounds a little confusing :hugs:. Did the doc test the liquid with some sort of litmus paper? (to diagnose it wasn't amniotic leak). What was you doing at the time the gush happened?

I guess if you are not convinced what the hospital said then maybe go back tomorrow for another review :flower:

Xx

Yeah they tested it with that paper, and said it wasnt amniotic fluid. We were actually at the park with our older children when it happened.

I had a similar experience about 2 weeks ago and thy had no explanation for me either.
Keep an eye on it lovely, mine settled down however I do get a lot of discharge now.

Xx

I've had a couple of episodes of very watery discharge that gushes out like that, I had my fluid me S checked and they were fine so it could just be that.

Had a big gush last pregnancy at 31 weeks. No explanation either. They said my waters were intact and they checked water levels via ultrasound and did frequent ctgs. Then I was induced at 41 weeks for low fluid. No idea what it was really, I don't believe discharge can gush through clothing and reach the carpet. But in my case there was no explanation and no bad outcome.

Had a big gush last pregnancy at 31 weeks. No explanation either. They said my waters were intact and they checked water levels via ultrasound and did frequent ctgs. Then I was induced at 41 weeks for low fluid. No idea what it was really, I don't believe discharge can gush through clothing and reach the carpet. But in my case there was no explanation and no bad outcome.

Oh no, mine was nothing like that, just enough to wet my underwear. Glad all turned out ok.

Yeah they tested it with that paper, and said it wasnt amniotic fluid. We were actually at the park with our older children when it happened.

Bless you - not what you expect when going to the park! :wacko:.

Think that litmus paper is quite reliable when it comes to testing waters. Glad it came up negative. Have you been ok since? Xx

This happened to me at 37 weeks. Doctor tested it with ph strip and also looked at it under a microscope and it wasn't amniotic fluid. There was so much that it went through underwear and pj pants (tmi sorry ...it happened when I got up from bed.) Doc said its just normal increase of end of preggo creamy watery discharge.

I actually was just in l&d yesterday for the same thing. I'm not as far as you but I've had frequent bh contractions all weekend worse than the normal tightening and after one I would feel a small gush that went through my underwear AND my pants, this happened exactly 3 times. But they tested it and it wasn't amniotic fluid :) I've been noticing more discharge lately so it was either that or some leftover pee...GROSS I know lol. Pregnancy is lovely..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->