Big Question UPDATE

bmuir11207

Mother of 2 girls
Reaction score
For anyone that has used EPO during the day how can you tell the difference between leaking oil and leaking your waters?
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
HELP PLEASE
update page 2

I haven't had waters leaking yet but I can tell the epo is leaking because it's oily and doesn't have a scent. My understanding is that your waters are clearish and have a sweet smell.

I'm wearing a pad but its hard to tell if its oily or wet lol ugh so confusing

Pop open an EPO on a pad or something. See what color it turns. When your water breaks, it should be nice and clear. Also, my waters had no smell last time, although many people do say it smells sweet. It just seemed like water to me.

I'll have to try that when i get home right now we are out and about. Also how long after putting the EPO in do you continue to leak it or is it an all day think i put in two probably around 4 or more hours ago could i still be leaking it?

i was told by the nurses and doctors at my hospital that if your waters are leaking they will only leak during a contraction. so if you are feeling cramping when you are leaking then its your waters otherwise its the EPO

I only use EPO at night but it leaks off and on all night depending on how I'm laying, if gravity can make it leak, it's going to lol but it's easy for me to tell because it's oily. If out doesn't gross you out, touch the pad with a finger and see if it's oily or not

i was told by the nurses and doctors at my hospital that if your waters are leaking they will only leak during a contraction. so if you are feeling cramping when you are leaking then its your waters otherwise its the EPO

They really told you that? My waters leaked contraction or not lol

^^^Yeah I thought it leaked all the time. And that's partly how you can tell it's not urine because you cant stop the flow?

Really that scares me? :haha: They said if your water breaks it would be a constant flow but if you are just trickling leaking that it only comes out during contractions...thanks guys!!

My waters burst and then leaked for a week before my son was born and I wasn't contracting at all

I'm confused...so epo I assume is evening primrose oil...why would u leak it? Surely they r just tablets u take? Or have I missed a vital thing that could bring on labour! If so I need to try it as I'm 5 days overdue! :cry:

You take it orally and/or insert it vaginally I find it helpful to clip of the top or poke a hole right before putting them in

but i wouldn't say it brings on labor it helps ripen the cerivx

to update i finally remembered to pop open a capsule and put it on a pad its a yellow color and when i rub my finger across it and rub my fingers together its definitely oily. I just 'knew' i was leaking but looks like its just oil again :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->