bigger? *update*

zimmy

TTC after a loss Oct 2010
Reaction score
I am a fairly active and fit woman, about 5'1" and 120 lbs. Got pregnant in September, and mc October 21st at almost 6 weeks. If my cycles are the same as before, I should be expecting AF in a couple of days (I know sometimes it takes a while for things to get back to normal).

My issue is that I am sure I am bigger! My waistline is not the same as it was in the summer, I know it can't be a change of diet, etc. I work in a gym, exercise all the time and my eating habits haven't changed. Am I overly bloated for some reason due to the m/c? It was so early that I wasn't 'showing' yet, I honestly can't do up my top button right now!

So now I have no baby, but I'm Fat? boo. :cry:

Sorry for the ramble. Anyone experienced anything similar? Will this go away?

im sorry i havent got an answer for you, i gained weight in the first two weeks as all i did was lie in bed.

And i MC on the 22nd of October at 5 weeks 5 days so we are at the exact same stage so it might be nice to keep track of each other as i am hoping im due on friday if im back to my normal cycle too.

If you are due on maybe you are retaining water or something so this may be a good thing.....

xx

Thanks for replying - you're right, we're at the same stage. I'd like to keep in touch and see how we both get on with our cycles now ... :)

well im testing BFN so i know i havent got any HCG left in my body at all so although im sad at missing this month i know that i should be back on track for my period this week.
Have you had any sign that AF might be arriving? I get the odd crampig feeling but nothing like what i used to feel.

I'm in the same boat but mine is due to too much chocolate and wine. I gave up sugar (ie chocolate) two weeks ago and I will start slimming down on the wine consumption (1/2 bottle to one glass!). I have noticed I am much less bloated now.

I don't know about you but I definitely comforted myself with alcohol and sugar after my MC perhaps this is the reason for you too? I'm paring down now and feeling much better about myself and image.

Good luck hon and sorry for your loss...we miscarried around the same time :(

I do have some AF symptoms that seem to come and go. Sore bbs (yesterday but not today), mild crampy feeling, increased cm, moody. I want so bad to be back in the game, I hope I'm not imagining symptoms! I'm also going on vacation the beginning of next month, so I hope my cycles are regular so I don't have to worry about AF on the beach, lol!

I weighed myself at work today - I'm up 5 pounds! Maybe I am drowning my sorrows in too much - or maybe the halloween candy didn't help either ;)

i lost my little boy jamie 22nd october in the same boat as you girls i think im due on next friday or sat ff says i have ovulated but i dont really believe it tbh so im gonna wait and see it can take between 4-8 weeks to get af so i was told so im just waiting it out as for the weight i found that i have lost the weight rather than put it on maybe its too with shock or that but you know you can go either way after a loss x

I feel bigger too, I miscarried almost 5 weeks ago at 11 weeks. I never weigh myself but I know I put on abit of weight whilst pregnant. Its crap - no baby and fatter :-(

I do have some AF symptoms that seem to come and go. Sore bbs (yesterday but not today), mild crampy feeling, increased cm, moody. I want so bad to be back in the game, I hope I'm not imagining symptoms! I'm also going on vacation the beginning of next month, so I hope my cycles are regular so I don't have to worry about AF on the beach, lol!

I weighed myself at work today - I'm up 5 pounds! Maybe I am drowning my sorrows in too much - or maybe the halloween candy didn't help either ;)

Yep ive had all of them too. Plus backache but i think thats my chair at work.
Still no sign yet. how about you? My mum had a MC at 12 weeks and she says she cant remember how long her AF took to arrive, but she said within 8 WEEKS!!. But it was years and years ago so she might be remembering wrong.

Well a holiday is good, i wish i had the time to go. It will do you the world of good.

Aw 5lb isnt alot dont worry, im sure when your happier it will melt off again.

I piled on the pounds whilst pregnant and kept complaining that it wasn't normal, but everyone disagreed. Basically the hormones were tricking my body into telling me I needed more fuel but there was no baby to consume the excess energy :cry: I too feel it is grossly unfair that I get excess weight, major fatigue still and no baby.

I shall burn it off but will probably put it on over Christmas by drowning my sorrows so not too sure if it's worth trying to shift it just yet. I shall however start exercising from Monday so fingers crossed that will work.

Only thing that is pushing to loose the weight ive gained is the fact when i got pregnant that month and month before i was on a diet so im guessing somehow that helped me get my BFP.

How are all of you today? icantdecide - any signs of AF yet? She showed up for me this morning. Even though I hate her, I'm taking this as a good sign, as it is the 28th day from the start of my mc - so my cycles are regular - yay!!

Here is my plan for the next cycle: starting on day 10, I plan on BDing every other night for as long as we can (it would be easier if DH was 18, but he's a strong 45 so I'll take it, haha). I aslo plan on using preseed this cycle, but not every time, just around the time I think I'll ovulate. I go on holiday Dec 5th, so I'm not sure if I'll bring the preseed. It would be embarrasing to explain at border control if I had to, lol!

Good luck to all of you this cycle - keep me updated!! Tons of sticky baby dust for all of us!!

Ah I'm glad your cycle is back to normal straight away. Is it better or worse than before? Or similar to before? Nope nothing!!! It's driving me mad. But I got a bfn with frer so I know I'm not preg. I bought those clearblue ovulation tests. Can't wait to start using them. That sounds like a good plan. Hahaha that would be hard to explain .

So far, this AF is heavier than usual. I've heard that happens, so I'm prepared for it. Still sucks though :(

Let me know how you like those Clearblue tests when you get a chance to use them! I'd really like to but the Clearblue fertility monitor, but I can't justify the cost right now, so I may go that route too :)

Aw hopefully it wont last too long.

Well I used one just to see how it works and to get used to it. Just like a pregnancy test. I'm the same plus I've heard they can be quite hard to use. the tests are def the right thing for me nice and simple to use. x

Sorry for your loss.
I'm puzzled by the weight thing too. I've cycled up and down by 6 pounds since my D&C for my miscarriage Oct 12th. I've been reducing calories and working out 5 days a week on the elliptical for an hour for 3 weeks- same 6 lb up and down each day on the scale- no weight loss. My period started Friday. I'm really hoping things even out and I start seeing some results from my diet and exercise. I wasn't doing either before the miscarriage, but I'm trying to get healthier for next time. I'm sure it must be water and hormone related. Every other time I've tried to lose weight by my current method, I lose 10 lbs within 2 weeks and my clothes get looser right away- no so this time. It's very frustrating!
I hope each of you are feeling healthier as each day passes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->