Bikini wax???

Kate7590

Reaction score
Iv never had one, but am seriously considering it seeing as the bigger I get the more difficult it is to shave *down there*
Does it hurt, how much?

Also, does the hair come back through 'prickly' like with shaving?

Well I wouldn't say it was painless...
Make sure you get a good waxer, pref one that uses hot wax instead of strip wax, much less painful.
Grows back a lot finer than shaving, no prickles.
Let's just say it will be considerably less painful than giving birth :rofl:

I have stopped getting waxed when I found out I was pregnant as my skin was so sensitive last pregnancy! I am seriously considering going again though as shaving is a chore! :) haha!

I don't think it hurts that much.. Occasionally she gets the tweezers out to grab the strays.. That can make you squirm a little! The waxing is pretty quick! :)

Go for it! Just grit your teeth, it's over pretty quick. But defo agree with pp about getting a recommendation for a good waxer! I once had an experience I called "the Brazilian chainsaw massacre" :hissy:
I continued to get Brazilian waxes done throughout my last pregnancy and the same this time, I don't feel like it's too different tbh.
Good luck! :thumbup: x

I've been desperate for one because I hate how difficult it is heavily pregnant, however, I believe the advice is if you've never had one not to have your first in pregnancy as the shock might not be good for you or baby, so on that basis (I've never been waxed anywhere mind) I've decided not to opt for a wax in pregnancy, if it is something someone is used to it's different.

I had my first bikini wax when pregnant with DD - it was fine! i think I had built it up to be so sore so was such a relief.
If you have really sensitive skin I don't think it's best to have your first in pregnancy though.

I believe my skin is much more sensitive in pregnancy... I always get my legs waxed without a problem, but went a few weeks ago and was crying it hurt so bad!!! I don't even want to dare think about waxing my lady parts while pregnant!!! I would probably pass out haha!!!

Well I wouldn't say it was painless...
Make sure you get a good waxer, pref one that uses hot wax instead of strip wax, much less painful.
Grows back a lot finer than shaving, no prickles.
Let's just say it will be considerably less painful than giving birth :rofl:

See my post in "Lady garden pruning".
Yes, Bonnie11 is right you want the 'stripless' wax which is also called "hard" wax. It is a LOW temp wax which is less painful. This is what I use on my clients (and me :blush:)

If you've never had one, I'd start with a bikini wax. If it's not bothering you too much and they don't have an appt after you, you could just ask them to keep going and then pay the difference!

They definitely are more painful during pregnancy, I had one through the week in preparation and while it was quick it wasn't painless!

it was the second most painful experience i've had (second to childbirth). i was sweating so bad from the pain i soaked through my clothes. I have a high pain tolerance, too. NEVER AGAIN! i bought a laser hair removal thing and need to start using it NOW so i don't have to worry when i get too big!

it was the second most painful experience i've had (second to childbirth). i was sweating so bad from the pain i soaked through my clothes. I have a high pain tolerance, too. NEVER AGAIN! i bought a laser hair removal thing and need to start using it NOW so i don't have to worry when i get too big!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can't use the laser machines when pg!
Your skin is more sensitive and it can cause burns and permanent scarring. I only know this because I was having laser treatment but had to out it in hold when I got pg so was back to waxing for me till bun is born!

I get a bikini wax every 4 weeks, it's defo waaaay better than shaving! No itchiness and it lasts far longer., just be prepared to be a little more red after as there's increased blood flow down there when you're pregnant

I usually get sugared and not waxed and it a bit easier to deal with. Though I don't get it all the time, it is still painful and I sweat, badly too. That is natural and ok. I even sweat while getting tattooed. I will be getting sugared after christmas, as I don't want a ton of hair, but i am so worries it will hurt worse. I am also worried about the veins I have.

I'm worried if I go to get waxed later on in pregnancy that my waters will break all over their table

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->