Billy Russell 10lb 8oz,born 17/09/09

faun

Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
Well this is my birth story it might be a little long and parts are a bit hazy so bear with me. I started getting contractions at 2:30am on the 16th September and i also had a show. The contractions steadily got stronger over the next few hours so at 11am i went to hospital after being monitored for an hour i got sent home as my contractions weren't strong enough. So i spent several hours at home with the contractions getting stronger and more regular i went back to hospital about 11pm and got put in a delivery room. After about an hour i got put in triage so they could monitor me again, after about half an hour the midwife checked my trace and was concerned as the fetal heart rate had dropped by a lot since the trace from the morning. I was moved back into a delivery room about 1 am and was told that if things didn't speed up i would have to have my waters broken as on examination i was only 4cm dilated. By about 4am the contractions were coming thick and fast i was 6cm but my waters still hadn't broken so i asked the midwife to do it for me to help speed things up. The doctor checked my trace and told the midwife to but me back on the monitor again! So i spent another half an hour being monitored this time they seemed happy with the trace and left me to it for a while. About 6am the contractions got really bad and from then on i dont remember alot just intense pain and being so tired that i couldn't push hard enough the head kept coming down and not quite coming out so according to my hubby when the head came down and out she held me open so it couldn't slip back up again. The cord was wrapped round his neck so i had to push again really hard to get him out quickly i don't really know what happened next until i felt him thrown on my tummy i don't even know how i got on my back as the last i recall i was on all fours! He was born at 7:09 am 17/09/09. The midwife said he was big and after cutting the cord he was weighed and was a whopping 10lb8oz i can't believe i managed to give birth to him naturally with no pain relief. After the birth i was given a jab to make the placenta come away which is when it all went wrong the next thing i know i had blood pouring out of me and the emergency bell went off and the room was full of doctors all trying to stop the bleeding, after about 3 hours they had it under control. I was then told i had a second degree tear that they stitched for me and i was finally allowed to hold and feed my little one. We had to stay in hospital overnight to make sure i was ok after the major blood loss and we came home yesterday. He is so perfect and feeds like a dream here are some pics

Attachments

• DSC_2346.jpg
    DSC_2346.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 25
  • re-size.jpg
    re-size.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 35
He is gorgeous, well done hun and congratulations! Where you made aware you was going to have a big baby? x

He is gorgeous, well done hun and congratulations! Where you made aware you was going to have a big baby? x

I didn't have a clue i was measuring bang on at every appointment so it was a bit of a shock!

I didn't have a clue i was measuring bang on at every appointment so it was a bit of a shock!

Oh gosh! See I've been told I'm having a big baby, I think hes going to be like his dad and be tall! Or they could have it completley wrong!

Well done you!!!!!!!!!

Why did you bleed so much....?

I have a second degree tear too. Its day 9 now and starting to feel much better.

Awww congratulations - he's lovely x

Well done you!!!!!!!!!

Why did you bleed so much....?

I have a second degree tear too. Its day 9 now and starting to feel much better.

The doctors think it was the jab they gave me to speed up the delivery of the placenta as they were saying 4 other ladies this week have a postpartum hemorrhage after receiving the injection. They also said it might have been because the placental site was so large, they were so impressed with how big the placenta was they were calling in the students to have a good look at it :haha:

I'm pleased that your tear is healing well mine isn't too sore at the moment unless i sit on a hard chair for a while then its very sore.

Congrats :)

i can't believe that you managed to give birth with no pain relief, what a whopper! (and very cute too!)

very strange that 4 other women also bled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->