Bipolar and want to BF

TTCfirstovr30

Reaction score
I have bi polar disorder and have been off my meds since IUI. First Tri has been great my moods stable and genuinely happy. As I approach the 2nd Tri I am starting to get anxious, I have good days and bad days. Taking medication is NOT something I would consider.

I would really love to BF, but cannot go back on my meds while BF and don't know how my moods will be, being off my meds for that long.

Anyone have any experience with Bipolar Disorder (or any anxiety disorder for that matter,) BF and not starting your meds back right away?

Not exactly but I have depression and anxiety and had to start taking my medication when I was 8 weeks pregnant because I was not coping at all and it was better for me to be on them. My particular medication is the safest one to take while pregnant/breastfeeding which is Zoloft and I have done my own research and feel comfortable with my decision.

Try not to think too much into the future because it's better to cross the bridge when you get to it and you and your Dr should make the decision together.

All the best x

I have anxiety and took my medication in 3rd tri last pregnancy, all through breastfeeding, and low dose into this pregnancy as well.

Breastfeeding does not exclude the same or as many medications as pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->