Bipolar and Worried...

SuperLilWifey

Reaction score
I have so many questions and worries about becoming pregnant with my emotions. My DH understands me so well he can tell when my moods shifts but I'm so unsure how i'll handle everything....Was wondering if any has any advice or has been in the same boat as me!

Hi, I think you will be just fine, I am actually in the process of being diagnosed Bipolar, I have another meeting with consultant in a few weeks, something to look forward to lol

I think kinds can wind anyone up and put the happiest person in a grump when they themselves are in a mood. My son just turned 1 on 22nd May. Apparently ive suffered with Bipolar since around 2002, just struggled through it as I just thought I was normal.

My dad died of cancer on christmas eve just gone, so just lately ive been on one hell of a rollercoaster with moods. Things with little man are just great though

I don't suffer from bipolar but I have depression and psychotic episodes. Honestly, pregnancy is like the lottery. I've had two pregnancies and my first, I felt great, came off all my meds and didn't need to go back onto them until my step father and my grandparents both died in the same month, when my daughter was one.

So then I got pregnant again, thinking it'd be the same... nooooo... my depression was severe, I went into psychosis, after the birth I went into psychosis and my depression got bad again...

But then I don't regret at all having my son. I've had a very difficult past few years with my mental health, but things are settling down now and I wouldn't wish I'd never had him because he's lovely.

So I guess what I'm saying, is 'good luck, I hope you have a pregnancy like my first one, but if you don't then you just have to get through it, using all the help you can find, and in a few years things will start to settle down again and it'll all be worth it.'

Your husband sounds good... when you're having an 'episode' then the best thing to do is listen to him, not what your mind is telling you.

I am bi polar and found pregnancy a god send lol. At 12 weeks preg I had a break down and ended up in hospital but when I came out I realised I couldn't carry on like that and knew I needed to try take control of myself. I threw myself into thinking about the baby, shopping for baby stuff, and I found for once in my life i had something to look forward to so it helped me forget about being sad... Looking bak now I think slot of my problems were in my head and it was like I had convinced myself I was always going to be down and misrable, but since I came out of hospitalnin June last year I have had no medications, I had concealing for 3 months, and I have not sincebhad a shit day :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->