Bipolar awareness thread

Arisa

Mummy to Summer Rose
Reaction score
Has anyone else here suffered or been diagnosed with a form of bipolar disorder:flower::flower:

there are different types
bipolar one
bipolar two
Cyclothimia, which is what i have
unipolar depression and an ongoing chronic depression with little to no manic highs known as Dysthymia

its something that left untreated often leads to suicide and other nasty things.
Rejection is something i do not handle well and tend to get a bit manic with certain things and experiences in my life have caused post traumatic stress in my life causing more erratic mood swings and behaviour

I am on a decent mood stabilizer, getting support from my parents for looking after my little girl and seeing a psychiatrist regularly

i urge everyone to seek help if they do experience feelings of extreme low depression where u cannot get out of bed, or manic, mixed states of feeling over the top happy or afraid you may hurt yourself or someone you love:kiss::kiss::kiss:

rest, eat well and seek help if u are unable to look after your LO or LO's alone

Julz:hugs::hugs:

Thanks for making this aware. :)
No one ever works out what is wrong with me. I've been on so many medications and been passed from person to person I give up trying to find out, lol.

I have bi polar (not sure which one). I have had it roughly 14 years - it all started when I was 13 when something really bad happened to me (I won't go into it as I have talked about it enough). I don't take any meds for it or see any professional people at the moment as I seem to be dealing with it quite well. I have days where I just feel like crap and don't feel like getting out of bed and I have days where I have the get up and go to do everything. The good days seem to happen more than the bad ones at the moment. I don't know why, but I just feel good right now. Chances are though I will have a really rough day soon or my mood will change so bloody quick I won't even realise.

Thanks for making this aware. :)
No one ever works out what is wrong with me. I've been on so many medications and been passed from person to person I give up trying to find out, lol.

Same here. I've got a "mood disorder" apparently and I take Lamotrigine/Lamictal which is apparently a bipolar treatment, as well as Epilepsy, which makes me assume I have some form of Bipolar lol.

I'm 21 now, and it's thought I've had a mood disorder since I took a high dose of Seroxat, had a severe suicidal reaction, and went to The Priory Hospital at 12 years old. Since then, I've just been up and down so so often. It's so unpredictable... but my medication is helping thanks to my new psychiatrist. Really thankful for him :)

I have schizoaffective disorder which is a mix of schizophrenia and bipolar and depression. I've always been the depressive type but lately I've had what I think might be mania.

My thoughts race so badly I actually don't get a lot done because my thoughts are so fast... Could that be mania? I thought with mania you can get lots done? My friend has bipolar and when she's manic she cleans a lot and gets loads done... But I just sit about with my thoughts racing...

So yeah... Wondered if anyone could relate or is it part of the schizophrenia not bipolar?

Thank you :hugs: I also have cyclomythia and it can be a very hard thing to live with. Luckily my work are very understanding and on the one occasion I went in and said I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be at work they let me go and see my nurse. I am currently waiting to see my physatrist and start on new medication. I just hope he was better than the last one who just printed out references to self help books x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->